Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
I posted about Audrey's 'wheezing' sound a few days ago. The vet checked her thoroughly, and even got her to exercise a LOT to check her breathing, but it was perfect! Nose clear as well. The vet thinks that Audrey is probably mimicking the sound seeing as she only does it while she is talking. She has of course asked me to keep an eye on her and if it gets more frequent to take her back. But she seems okay for now! Cheeky birdy.

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
Yea!!! Thanks for the update! I was thinking about you guys the other day, then realized it wasnt saturday yet. (well its still not saturday here, its Friday evening) glad she checked out good!:D

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Thanks heaps guys! Yeah I always get confused with the time difference haha, we are in the future! :p
She loves making mumma stressed! But the vet loves seeing her, she is always hugging her for ages LOL She told me she doesn't get to hug many female eccy's because they aren't so well tempered at the vet. Audrey is just a big cuddle bug :D

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Thank you!! :) I am glad she is okay, she is NOT leaving her mumma yet lol!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for the update KC. :) You must be utterly relieved and breathing a lot better yourself with those great news ;)

Sounds like Audrey was a bit ornery, and giving mum needless worries.

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Well when I walked in the door today, Audrey was on the bottom of the cage. I felt like my heart came out of my chest. Then she rolled around, and I realised she was playing! She LOVES worrying me lol! :| Cheeky bugger!

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Thank you Wenz! :D

Riio

Apr 19, 2011
San Diego California
Parrots
'Rio'~RIP baby girl 'Sunshine'~Yellow Side Green Cheek Conure
Well when I walked in the door today, Audrey was on the bottom of the cage. I felt like my heart came out of my chest. Then she rolled around, and I realised she was playing! She LOVES worrying me lol! :| Cheeky bugger!

I hate that feeling! I for some reason have the most stress in the mornings. If my lil guy isnt up and chatting I call out to him, there have been a couple where he doesnt make a peep until I un-cover his cage, man the stress for those couple seconds kill me. I just have this horrible fear that something has happened during the night! Lil boogers, I do think they enjoy causing undo stress for us sometimes! :eek:

OP
kc_y0

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
I feel you Riio! Every morning without fail I get stressed when uncovering her. It used to be in the back of my mind, but since my friends eclectus passed away suddenly and even after recent clear health check, I have been so paranoid about Audrey and it does become stressful! They probably know we panic and play into it lol!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts