Another update with horsies!

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
SO much prettiness and cuteness!!! :O Your puppy is so BIG now! :O And all your horses are gorgeous, but I must say I personally think Klaatu is absolutely STUNNING!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Mum showed me this.. She said the ears, shoulders, elbow, and heel should all be in a straight line, which is perfect posture.. and then the elbow to the mouth..

She was proud how straight it all was, except my heel, it was a tiny bit forward ;)

But it is pretty cool! It is hard getting a good posture with Klaatu sometimes, cause he is unbalanced and my shoulders sometimes come forward!

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Kinny! So many people have Klaatu as the favourite :p Poor Kitai and Kyros hahaha

My mum likes Klaatu the best as well.. ;)

I love them all equally, they each have a special thing about them... I find Kyros the funnest to ride, for the time being, because Klaatu is green so his movements are as flowing as Kyros's!

Thanks Tessie! :)

Very very lucky

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Awww poor boys.. :( Well, if it's any consolation.. I originally thought Kyros was my favourite, but then I saw Klaatu..and I just had to make that choice! Haha. Well, looks-wise anyway. ;)

I used to ride a little dun galloway and she was SO fun to ride! Granted she was very cheeky and had a BIG personality and would often randomly have little bucking/rearing fits when she got really grumpy... but after a while she knew she couldn't get away with anything with me, and so when she got grumpy she'd just slouch her shoulders (or withers I guess you'd say :p ) tighten and pout her lips, lay her ears back and glare lol. But she behaved herself! :D She was so fun! I was the only one who could ride her down the road with my dog at our side (the horse Millzy HATED dogs, but was ok with mine :p ) bareback and with just a halter and lead-rope on. We'd go everywhere! Was so fun! ...Oh my, I rambled on a bit there o_O sorry! Just remembering the good ol' stablehand days.

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Our dentist came out the other week, and she just LOVED Kyros, she kept giving him kisses.. Then she met Klaatu and just fell in love hahaha

She said he has a VERY good structure to his head. Something about the jawline and then the bit above his eyes? I am not sure, she just said he was put together well! :p

Klaatu has a very bold, strong, handsome look.. Kinda like a knights horse
Kitai is very pretty, more a feminine soft, delicate features
Kyros is the stunning, gorgeous, look at me type!

See this is Kitai, he looks very prettyish compared to the big bold handsome boys

Hahaha that is awesome!!! The ones with big personalities are the ones worth while, they have the most to give!! She could probably tell that you weren't scared of her, and so she trusted you!!! :)

My mum posted something that said-

Great horses are not often easy horses.. They have big egos, idiosyncrasies and quirks and foibles.. Horses of a lifetime do exist, but only for riders so skillful, tactful and courageous that they can unlock and then reveal the brilliance of their equine partners!

I think that is so true!

BACON

May 18, 2013
Good good. I never knew how big they were till I met one at the zoo. Soo cute.

Anyways :S

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Great horses are not often easy horses.. They have big egos, idiosyncrasies and quirks and foibles.. Horses of a lifetime do exist, but only for riders so skillful, tactful and courageous that they can unlock and then reveal the brilliance of their equine partners!

I LOVE THIS!!! I have massive goosebumps right now. :D

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Hehe Wendy :D It is so true though!

One of my favourite horse quotes is:
A horse already knows how to be a horse; the rider has to learn how to become a rider.
A horse without a rider is still a horse; a rider without a horse is no longer a rider

and:
It's a lot like nuts and bolts – if the rider's nuts, the horse bolts

I wonder why Kyros had the habit of bolting ;) HAHA

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
HAHAHAHAHAH ^_^

Indeed he does ;) and then he starts arguing with himself-

Stop it.. She doesn't like you!
Well, she does precious she does!
She released you... Nobody wants youuuu
Go away :'( I don't need you anymore

:p

No, when possums are babies, they call for their mum, its kinda this hollow whistling/hissing kinda noise... That is how they find each other!

So if Smeagol and i were playing, or he was in his cage and wanted me, he would make that noise!

and when he comes back, he sits in his tree and makes the calling noise each time! :)

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Haha Wendy :D Thank you

Very excited... Kyros will do great with all them jumps, just fingers crossed he doesn't mind the water jump! :p

I think the course is 2-3km long

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
With all the training and long cantering up the road you've been doing with him, you both will be GREAT, Tab. :) You are both in top condition.

When you approach the water, try not to even think that there's liquid anywhere near it. Pretend it's just a tiny hurdle. :32:

OP
tab_xo

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I don't feel like i am in top condition.. I had nutella and burger rings for dinner hahaha ^_^

I am all packed and ready to go!

Got my 2 pairs of boots, 2 shirts, jodphurs, chest protector !

I was going to take my show jacket i usually wear.. But it is a pony club event, and everyone else just wears shirts? It isn't really a show type thing to look pretty?

So if i just take my matching blue and white top to suit Kyros's outfit it should look nice!

Cross country is first... My ride will be at about 10am... and then showjumping will be at about 11am! :)

Courses are only open until 8am :eek: So we are going to have to get there early so i can quickly run around the cross country course so i know where i am going! :p

We have to wear a medical arm band for cross country.... and i have one, along with my number holder.. Found my holder, got it in my bag..

Could not find my arm band anywhere!! Honestly, i ripped everything out of my cupboard, draws, under my bed...

Went to the truck, got the saddles and gear sorted, looked for my medical band.. Still missing..

Went back to my room, so annoyed... I had put it somewhere safe... -_- Just couldn't remember where..

Chucked everything out of the cupboard again.. Was going to give up, and took out one of my draws again, and there it was... On the bottom -_-

So everything is ready to go!!! :D hahaha

Kyros has a big bath this afternoon, he is covered with many rugs now so will look lovely tomorrow ;)

He always looks out of place on a cross country field !

Most Reactions