Any of you have these?

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
Sully-2 year old cinnamon and Bella-3 year old normal
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
I might be getting Sully and Bella a smaller cage because they like smaller ones so I was looking for some and I found two that I really like. I want to see if any of you have either of these cages and if so are they good quality?

Cage#1...A&E Playtop Cage 24x22 - PLAYTOP CAGES by MY SAFE BIRD STORE

Cage#2...Marvelous Pet Supplies Veranda Bird Cage at PETCO

I like the first cage because it is a playtop and Sully and Bella are out all day and just sit on top of the cage and end up pooping on everything inside, but the cage has a pan on top so the inside won't get messy. The down side is it makes it darker and Sully has never had a playtop so I don't know if he will like it. Also, is it hard to hang toys from the top of the cage(on the inside)?

I like the second cage because it is horizontal bars all the way around, but I'm worried that it will have the same problem that I have now, they will poop on everything inside. It says it comes apart really easil and goes together really fast, is that true?
Sorry for all the questions, if they are going to have this cage for a long time I want them(and me) to be happy with it.

paulhanlon

Banned
Banned
Jun 10, 2012
Media
Newton aycliffe Co.Durham
Parrots
Jinx - Blue Fronted Amazon hatched 12.06.2012
Nice cages i haven't owned them aswell but they look fine and by the way i have finished the perch sanding check it out when you get a chance

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
I have a larger version of the AE cage with playtop. It has been grand over the years. You just cant loose on that one.

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
The one I have for Crackers is the a&e playtop and she loves it ( as do I ) very easy to maintain.

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
breeding pair of gcc, Scooter & BeeBee-Sully and Bella's normal son's, Rosey- Bella and Sully's cinnamon daughter, Ella & Sunny-American budgies
Is it easy enough to hang toys from the top of the inside of the cage, even with the play top tray in the way? And do you notice it being darker because of the tray on top?

Parrotmamma

May 2, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Crackers ~ a Green cheek conure , Cosmo~ a Timneh African Grey
You can hang toys easily from the grill , and the tray just above the grill slides out if you like it better that way. Lets more light in that way.

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Excellent cage. I have an A & E cage very durable. I would go with that one and the playtop is great.

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
I decided I'm going to get the second cage because it is closer to the style Sully has always been in and it has 1/2" bar spacing which is a lot easier for them to move around in than 5/8". Plus it has horizontal bars all the way around cage which is great, it makes hanging toys on the sides easier and it is easier for them to climb. Another plus is, I might have to end up separating them if they start laying eggs(I don't want Sully working that hard to keep Bella and himself fed with his heart condition), and the second cage is cheaper, not a big deal, just a plus.

artemis

May 20, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
Pepper, Sun Conure/
Echo, Green Cheek Conure/
Penelope Peanut, Maroon Bellied Conure
You won't regret your choice! I just purchased that cage model myself; it goes together in a snap without tools, and is easy to disassemble for a thorough cleaning. And it's a handsome cage!

OP
cdog

cdog

Feb 20, 2012
Newbury Park, CA
Parrots
I'm not sure when I will get it though, I am going to wait a week to make sure Sully and Bella truly love the smaller size cage, then I am going to sell their big cage as I won't have a use for it because the bar spacing is too big for my budgies, and then I will order it. Hopefully the price doesn't go up.

If you guys want, I can post pics of it when I get it, and possibly some pics of Sully exploring it.

lene1949

Sep 26, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Parrots
Cory: Short billed Corella -
Echo: Galah -
Max: Alexandrine -
Skye: Yellow Sided conure -
Luka: Green Cheek Conure -
RIP Shrek: Quaker
Is it easy enough to hang toys from the top of the inside of the cage, even with the play top tray in the way? And do you notice it being darker because of the tray on top?

I had/have (don't use at the moment) a large cage with play top... I took away the tray, because of the darkness it caused in the cage itself...

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
i plan on buying one similar to the top one. mine is 27x27 with a play top.i was also wondering if the play top makes it hard to hang toys. so. does it? lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts