Any parrot owners in Asia?

Pheonix

Apr 24, 2016
Bangkok, Thailand
Parrots
None yet :)
Well...so this journey begins again.

Hours of researching and ensuring that I am right for the bird I am choosing. Before it was a case of walking into a petshop and making the mistake of buying a parrot first then researching. My parrot did teach me the little I now know - lots more to learn but he did a good job with me I think - he taught me I will never know enough - hahaha. I miss him!

I am living in Bangkok so its a whole new ball game from living in South Africa. It would be great to get in touch with anyone keeping birds in this tropical climate.

I am planning on keeping my bird on my balcony - will send pics of it. Lol - are you shouting at your computer at the vision of this poor bird facing the elements on a balcony - lol! Its actually perfect for a bird! No direct sunlight - enough air and its safe. Will send pics asap for everyone to see and comment.

Its so hot here in Thailand!!! Will have to be very careful and will make sure the balcony will be suitable before even getting those excited butterflies in my stomach at getting a bird.

3 years ago I thought of you all on the forum - I had just arrived in Bangkok and there is a famous market called Chatuchak and its massive. Part of it - at the back is the biggest pet market you can ever imagine selling parrots, dogs, snakes, pot bellied pigs, monkeys etc. The birds there broke my heart!!!! I thought of you all crying with me at the sight of these poor birds. Infections and disease spread here like wild fire in the heat and all I could think about was how sick most of them must be.

Its so good to be back on the forum - it felt like family all those years back and look so forward to getting to know you all!

Where is Antoinette? Good times!

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Welcome!!

Yes that is so sad and frustrating. It must be hard for you to resist rushing in to "save" them all.

So you were in SA and now Thailand. May I ask what brought on the change?

OP
P

Pheonix

Apr 24, 2016
Bangkok, Thailand
Parrots
None yet :)
Hi Silversage :)

Thank you for the welcome!

I love SA and miss it terribly!!! I am SA gal through and through and miss my horses, cat and living on the farm :(

I am a qualified teacher and salaries back home are literally not enough to live off. I had to make the decision to be able to support myself and have been living in Bangkok for 3 years or so. It was a hard decision but life here is good and I really enjoy living here.

I miss animals and its now time to invest in a friend - lots of homework to do before embarking on this decision but I am very excited!!! :) :)

Most Reactions