Any UK members?

OP
J

JoSweetDreams

Nov 13, 2012
County Durham, England.
Parrots
A Parrotlet called Bobby.
It's a normal vet practice but one of the vets deals with the "exotics". The practice came up on the Parrot Society directory. Wasn't going to bother ringing as it was a bit further than I'd want to travel, but after googling them it turns out they have another branch nearer me, and that vet works there 2 days a week, so yay :)

So far my plan is to just to get them done once, while he's being trained. Will have to see how it goes! He used to be held in his previous owners hands, so I'm hoping if I'm able to hold him close to me for cuddles he might realise I'm not too scary and quite like it. She didn't get him out much cause he would fly away.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
It's a normal vet practice but one of the vets deals with the "exotics". The practice came up on the Parrot Society directory. Wasn't going to bother ringing as it was a bit further than I'd want to travel, but after googling them it turns out they have another branch nearer me, and that vet works there 2 days a week, so yay :)

So far my plan is to just to get them done once, while he's being trained. Will have to see how it goes! He used to be held in his previous owners hands, so I'm hoping if I'm able to hold him close to me for cuddles he might realise I'm not too scary and quite like it. She didn't get him out much cause he would fly away.

I used to have to make a 2hour busride with Merlin to get to my nearest/decent avian vet. Was a pain in the bum, but if they need it, they need it!

Exotics are like, a step down from avian, but good enough to deal with a fair bit of things. They tend to be people who've trained in exotics/worked at a zoo, so generally have a fair bit of experience with birds :)

Glad you're focusing on training and taming! My budgie's don't need to be clipped as they're incapable of flying like a flighted bird anyway, otherwise I'd have considered them too.

I used to be so against wing clipping until I decided to read further into avian care and saw the pros and cons and there's just no denying each view point has it's merits. Hope the wing clipping goes well and isn't to stressful for you both! Please don't hesitate to ask for help with anything about Bobby :)

Have you checked out Scarlettsparrotessentials yet? :)

OP
J

JoSweetDreams

Nov 13, 2012
County Durham, England.
Parrots
I'll let you know how we get on. How did Merlin cope on the bus?

I'm having a look at that website now. Lots of lovely things! Today is going to be pretty quiet at work with this horrible rain so I can spent most of my time online. Naughty me!

OP
J

JoSweetDreams

Nov 13, 2012
County Durham, England.
Parrots
Hi again, I was just wondering if any of you have tried making Birdie Bread? I want to make some but am looking for an alternative to Jiffy CornBread Mix. Any ideas?

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Try posting in the recipe section, your sure to get responses. Loads of good recipes there for birdie bread.

Most Reactions

Latest posts