Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Seems like Timneh is just a normal misceif loving Gray. They are very intellegent and some have well developed senses of humor. Getting a reaction from you must seem like high comdy to Timneh. Smart parrots can benefit from regular traning sessions, where new ideas and concepts can be introduced .

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I SOOOOO enjoyed this thread...
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS, I get overwhelmed/exhausted/heartbroken/furious/humiliated with the Rb.
I guess we all find a thought or expression that helps... here's one of my faves.

'He didn't ask to be caged'.

That usually renews me.

:)

Well-put Ms Gail!

Jim

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Timneh is loving and headstrong! Having one of two perfect qualities not half bad!

OP
Billdore

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
She has burned through those keyboards and many others. My friend works at a museum and upgraded all their keyboards and gave me about 22 of them. Those are halfway gone plus a dozen other cheapo ones on special from Amazon. She has slowed down a bit on them lately though.
Great Thought Gail I will definitely remind myself.
I've been meaning to take a page from your long and educational book Wrench and do some more training with Timneh but we just haven't gotten it done. Especially with her harness. I need to force myself to work with her on a daily basis. I very much want to bring her to the pet store where she came from for a visit some day. Thank you everyone a big help!!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts