Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Hi All, just wondering if anyone out there is using or has used Crazy Corn cookable parrot food products? I remember years ago I won some at a bird expo and used it and the birds loved it, I was never able to find it in any store, and I'm not sure its in any stores even today, may be a mail order only kind of thing not sure, I love to feed my birds as much a wide variety of healthy foods as possible, but as we all know in feeding fresh fruits,veggies,pastas,beans,brown rice,nuts ect ect its not easy buying many of those ingredients in small enough amounts that it doesnt spoil before being all used, or that you have to make small amounts of things like rice or pasta every couple of days, I imagine some of this can be overcome by using frozen fruits and veggies, or making your concoction of mixed foods and freezing them yourself, one other thing that crossed my mind is cost, Crazy Corn is about $8.00US a pound,(less if you buy in bulk), if you were to buy those same ingedients fresh or frozen, how much would it cost per pound to make that way?.......looking for imput and opinions......Thanks! :)

Crazy Corn All Natural Bird Feed Mix

Crazy Corn Parrot Food - The Birdsafe Store

shakespeare

Apr 8, 2011
Parrots
African Grey
My African Grey loves Crazy Corn. I used to buy it at my local bird shop, which is gone now, but there seem to be plenty of places to buy it on the internet. I make the 1 lb. bag, put a few spoonfuls into a bunch of small plastic bags and freeze them. A 1 lb. bag can last for a month or more (depending on how often you give it to your bird). I love this stuff.

buckinggrimace

Jun 14, 2010
Sacramento, CA
Parrots
Fletcher - CAG; Butters - Duyvenbode's Lory; Iggy, Military Macaw
I have used it for my CAG. There are different varieties. Kung Fu Yum is a good one, plus Rainforest Rice Puddin is good too. I woud cook up a whole batch and then freeze it in small portions.

Most Reactions