Arrival of first parrot imminent!

Kimma

Oct 11, 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
Parrots
Flash - DF violet Indian Ringneck. Crash - lutino Indian Ringneck
Hi

I've joined these forums because I will soon have my very own ringneck parrakeet. I went to see it today and took some baby photos. It's parents are a delicate blue. I'll be bringing it home from the breeder in a few weeks.

I've never had a bird before but I've always thought parrots in general were amazing.

Zumaria

Sep 30, 2013
Chicago, IL
Parrots
Congo African Grey: Jenga
Aww :)

I suggest learning to use the search feature on here so you can find information you need!

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
Gorgeous!!! Please make sure he is fully weaned before bringing him home.....

GladeWing

Oct 16, 2013
Southeastern U.S.
Parrots
Khepri - Blue and Gold Macaw
Oh my gosh, how adorable! I had considered a Ringneck myself and seeing the pictures of your baby make me want another bird. No, No! I can't have anymore! One is enough! x_x!!

Welcome to the forum! I adore the pictures of your little baby!

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
adorable! I LOVE Ringneck parakeets, a friend of mine used to have a lutino male. They are so smart, and a lot of fun to be around.

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
I you want it to be harness trained see if you buy one would the breeder start working with the baby with it. Just having it in the box and letting the baby play with it helps a lot.

OP
Kimma

Kimma

Oct 11, 2013
Gold Coast, Australia
Parrots
Flash - DF violet Indian Ringneck. Crash - lutino Indian Ringneck
I you want it to be harness trained see if you buy one would the breeder start working with the baby with it. Just having it in the box and letting the baby play with it helps a lot.

That's an excellent idea. I've ordered a harnass, so I'll take it round to the breeder when it arrives. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too long to get here.

Most Reactions