Attention

Chikoo

Jul 17, 2012
Parrots
Chikoo (female Eclectus, 4yrs)
Rumi (male Eclectus, 12yrs)
Hello fellow Ekky lovers, I just wanted to get some feedback from you all. How much attention does my female Eclectus need? She stays in a large screened in deck attached to the main level of my house. She can see us moving around in the house, and when we are home, we often bring her in to hang out with us. She also has a perch in my bedroom/office, where she also sleeps at night.

I work from home, so I am home all the time, lucky for my parrot! Sometimes, I bring her into my office and she'll play on her perch while I work. Other times she stays in her space on the deck. I just wonder if she would prefer to be around me as much as possible? I know they really enjoy socializing and observing and participating in their owner's activities. But to what extent? Should I leave her completely alone for periods of time, even when I am home?

Right now, she is in her deck, and has been vocalizing to herself with great variation for the past hour!

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
My girl spends ALL of her time with us. If she cant see us she will climb down her cage and walk room to room till she finds someone. Its a rare occassion that someone isnt at home. Some alone time is good so that the bird doesnt freak out when you must leave them alone for awhile.

Most Reactions

Latest posts