Automatic bird feed for macaw

Cocoababy

Nov 26, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure
I have a green cheek conure but I am looking for a automatic bird feeder. I've seen some on Amazon and purchased it and they just don't work. The larger seeds just don't feed through. I used to have a large feeder where I could put seeds in and it would automatically feed and collect at the bottom.

Any suggestions where I can find a large automatic bird feeder

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
I do not recommend them as their use tend to limit the food provided. A healthy diet for a MAC is a varied diet that changes during the day. Auto-feeders are just not designed to provide such variation.

OP
C

Cocoababy

Nov 26, 2023
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Appreciate your reply. But it is going to be used for a green cheek and not in the macaw butt I understand where you're going with it

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Appreciate your reply. But it is going to be used for a green cheek and not in the macaw butt I understand where you're going with it
I would think that when faced with a gravity fed parrot feeder for seed mixtures or seed/pellet mixtures that if the reservoir is clear he would just keep tossing out the seeds or pellets he doesn't want to get the ones he does want. The wild birds do that to get the sunflower seeds if you feed a cheap mixture with lots of filler seeds.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Is there anything designed for chickens that could be adapted for your use?

Most Reactions