Reno/SparksNV

Dec 16, 2023
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
Hi folks.
I know breeding season is coming up in the spring.…. looking for a breeder or someone who is selling hand raised, weaned scarlet or green wing macaws. We are located in Reno Nevada. I cannot find one, and the RAAVE bird club suggested I look in here. I have a Blue and Gold macaw for about 20 yrs so my husband and myself are experienced with birds. We will travel, depending if we find the right fit.
thanks. Wendy

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Reno/SparksNV

Reno/SparksNV

Dec 16, 2023
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
Has anyone bought from www.brendasbirds.com before ? Is she a scammer too? Any insight would be great Someone referred me to her said she sold and shipped birds to them , but I want to see if anyone else has used them before

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Has anyone bought from www.brendasbirds.com before ? Is she a scammer too? Any insight would be great Someone referred me to her said she sold and shipped birds to them , but I want to see if anyone else has used them before
don't have to look far to know this is a scam. No reputable breeder is gonna have birds in listings to order. and no breeder is going to discount their birds so heavily. Their pictures are most definitely stolen and a good portion of them feature wild birds which theres no reason a breeder should be using pictures of wild birds instead of the birds they have. If they are legitimate I would be very careful with going forward with them because it seems to be more profit based than passion based. They seem to have a store so maybe they are legit.... but the reviews are very mixed. And some of the pictures I'm seeing are less than stellar.

BirdieDad

Feb 2, 2020
Hi folks.
I know breeding season is coming up in the spring.…. looking for a breeder or someone who is selling hand raised, weaned scarlet or green wing macaws. We are located in Reno Nevada. I cannot find one, and the RAAVE bird club suggested I look in here. I have a Blue and Gold macaw for about 20 yrs so my husband and myself are experienced with birds. We will travel, depending if we find the right fit.
thanks. Wendy
Hello,

I would look at Rena's pet supply. Very reputable and ethical in my interactions with him. Just recently sold a beautiful Green Wing.

OP
Reno/SparksNV

Reno/SparksNV

Dec 16, 2023
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
don't have to look far to know this is a scam. No reputable breeder is gonna have birds in listings to order. and no breeder is going to discount their birds so heavily. Their pictures are most definitely stolen and a good portion of them feature wild birds which theres no reason a breeder should be using pictures of wild birds instead of the birds they have. If they are legitimate I would be very careful with going forward with them because it seems to be more profit based than passion based. They seem to have a store so maybe they are legit.... but the reviews are very mixed. And some of the pictures I'm seeing are less than stellar.
It seems weird, as she’s got BBB A- accreditation and good reviews on there.

bocabill

Nov 27, 2020
Media
Boca Raton, FL
Parrots
African Grey male (since 1981) and two Scarlet Macaw sibling brothers (since May 2020)
It seems weird, as she’s got BBB A- accreditation and good reviews on there.
I live very close to this place. Not saying anything bad other than BE CAREFUL. And my advice is to find a breeder within your own state if possible. Otherwise you should ask for videos as proof of the bird being advertised and even better, I would make a trip to ANY out of state pet store that you’re considering spending your hard-earned money at. Because you will NOT get a refund if anything goes south. The BBB is a joke and even the KKK is more trustworthy than them.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts