Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
I'm in nz and no more birdies for me but I wish you all the best with your little one

Crazy4Birds

Oct 20, 2010
CT and FL
Parrots
Nicky (sun conure); RIP Gracie (senegal) and Benson (cockatiel)
Any updates on your baby? Did the second test turn up positive as well? I am so sorry to hear about your situation. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anubis007

Oct 27, 2011
Hello everybody,

I am from the Czech Republic - EU, I am looking for some additional informations about Borna virus, because my pet died today. I have been trying to cure him for about 3 month with available medicine, but we have been beaten.. She was not able to coordinate the moves, eat, she made injuiries every day.. So I decided with tears in my eyes to stop this vain suffering fight..
Do you have some medicament that can help to the others people that have this same diagnosis..

Sorry for my English, if I have mistakes..

Regards Milan. :(

barbara11

Feb 10, 2013
AVB can only be tested by feathers. Blood testing or feces testing is not the way it is tested anymore. Animal Genetics can do all the testing through the mail. Call them and they will send you the test kits you need to determine whether he has ABV and also will be able to test titer levels. They charge around $50 to do the testing. A positive result is not neccessarily a death sentence. They can be a carrier but may never develop PDD. The titer levels will give you an idea of what you are looking at. I will tell you there is a lab in Ohio that does the testing for ABV. DO NOT use them. They ALWAYS come back with a positive result and they are testing with blood samples which cannot be done. Good luck with your baby and I hope you find out good news.

Birdnerd, I wondered if you are still around? I recently had my Grey tested for Bornavirus, and he tested positive at this Ohio lab. Due to your post & a rescue I spoke to, I'm skeptical about the results. Are you able to say more about why this lab has more positives? Is this still true in '13, and do you still recommend AVI? Thanks for any help you can give me.

Most Reactions

Latest posts