Aviator harness vs flight suit

brittani299

Nov 19, 2013
Seattle
Parrots
1 Green cheek conure Rudy;
1 Blue Fronted Amazon Tiki:
1 Lilac Crowned Amazon Elvis
So I was wondering what you all think is better between a aviator harness or a flight suit. I have a flight suit for my gcc but I hate how much work goes into to get it on. It is good though because it holds poo and it doesn't get on you. When tiki gets more used to me (hopefully by summer) I would like to take him out. Which one of the two is better?

Last edited:

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
Those with experience will speak up, but I think most people here use the aviator harness.

MarciaLove

Jan 4, 2012
USA Georgia
Parrots
Sugar the Blue Crown Conure♂, Merlin the Camelot Macaw♂
I like the aviator harness better. For one its safer because it closes better and another reason is its less obtrusive on the bird I think the bird may feel more free in it.

Caesar

Oct 26, 2013
Media
I also use the harness as well.
I feel safe with it and its less intrusive for the bird.
With saying that I never overfly my bird so that he is stuffed and if its to hot etc. I also don't always fly him when we go out .Remember the walk is just as stimulating for the bird and you don want him to feel like he HAS to fly when he has the Harness on.:green2:

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I much prefer the a a aviator harness. It has less pressure points. Rosie does awesome in her harness, she even flies in it with no problem.

shawn

Dec 16, 2013
it depends. if you're just taking your bird for a walk/fly outside. the harness is better. if you're taking your bird on a trip or somewhere that you're afraid your bird might poop everywhere. then the suit is best. but if you're asking about overall comfort. then the harness is best for the bird. so both have their usefulness just depends on where you're taking your bird.

OP
brittani299

brittani299

Nov 19, 2013
Seattle
Parrots
1 Green cheek conure Rudy;
1 Blue Fronted Amazon Tiki:
1 Lilac Crowned Amazon Elvis
Thanks everyone :). I just want to take him on walks with me like to the park. So I think the aviator harness will be best.

Abigal7

Jun 17, 2012
United States of America/ Kansas
Parrots
Captain Jack (Hahn's macaw)

Clover (green cheek conure)
I never used a flight suit but I use the aviator harness and I like it. Be forewarned the neck piece may seem tight on the size for green cheek conures/ cockatiel size one. Captain Jack's size does not seem to have that problem. The size chart will tell you want size based on the kind of bird you have.

Most Reactions