B&G Macaw breeder?

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
My family was so excited to get our B&G next spring from a woman who hand feeds parrots for her store (they live in her home until weaned) not far from us. However, yesterday I learned that 1 breeder will no longer sell to her because she wasn't giving her buyers the babies papers and was selling them in a store, which the breeder was unaware. Needless to say my trust in her has dropped.:( My second option was Todd Marcus Exotics.... But I don't know much about them and I'd rather get one from a breeder if I can.

So I'm hoping you all may know of any REPUTABLE and good breeders in the North Eastern USA. I'm located in Pennsylvania and have no issue traveling a few hours distance, but would prefer not to have one shipped. It absolutely terrified me. My friend got her SennieSennie on a flight in the cabin because the carrier fit. A Macaw would not lol.

Cost is irrelevant to me if the baby is from a wonderful breeder who is known for good/healthy birds. Would be awesome if they DNA test because I'd prefer a male, but not necessary. I know normally they run between $1,500-1,900.

Who do you all recommend? Looking at bringing him home between May or July? I've tried looking online but can't seem to find anyone :(

SilleIN

Aug 18, 2016
Denmark
Parrots
Lots of parrots, most of them rescues
You sould come to Denmark, the B&G's are really cheap now. You can get a handreared for $715 and $1000 from a really reputable breeder :)

OP
LoveMyConlan

LoveMyConlan

Mar 31, 2015
Media
Pennsylvania, USA
Parrots
Gcc- Conlan... Sun Conure- Mouse...Jenday- Kellan... RLA- Happy...B&G Macaw- Rhage
Would that I could ha-ha. But cost isn't so much important to me as quality of the bird and breeder. I'm willing to pay more to a breeder who is passionate about their birds and their health and genetics, than someone trying to make a quick buck :/

SilleIN

Aug 18, 2016
Denmark
Parrots
Lots of parrots, most of them rescues
I know, I saw. I feel the same. I am going to Germany on Saturday to pick up a scarlet baby. I can easily get them here, but I want her from THAT breeder and have been waiting 6 months for her :)

As I wrote, the reputable breeders here ask $1000 for a B&G. My avian vet is a B&G breeder and he is known in the entire country as one of the best avian vets in DK :)

Most Reactions