Babies Everywhere!

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
I have a pretty good memory but a horrible sense of time, I will remember doing something to the "T" but will argue with myself for hours trying to recall exactly which day it happened. That's why I write everything down. Dates when eggs are laid, hatched, I even have charts that I write down every time I feed the babies and how much they eat. I tried doing it without the chart before and found myself going, "did they eat at 2pm or 3pm?" which is a problem. Life is just so much easier when you have things written down for reference.

Also wanted to add, finally got a sec to candle sweetpeas eggs, all 3 looked to be unfertilized. The last egg really isn't very old to be candling but I have a feeling they are all duds. I'll leave them with her for the full 17 days before I pull them anyway, just for her sake. Maybe it will give her some practice incubating. Better luck next time ;)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I used to have an excellent memory. I could remember my dentist appointment 6 months away. I once even won a memory contest.

Then I turned 40 and I swear half my brain disappeared. It's either age or it's from the Lyme, as that was about the time I developed other neurological problems like myoclonic jerks (while awake, not a good sign).

Merlin's meds were quite confusing. One was 7 days, one was 10, one was 14, another 30 days, another 6 weeks, etc. I had to write this all down or else, lol!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Well, I do do stuff like that. And then I have to get out all the pills and count them to see if I took it or not:rolleyes:

Oh sheesh , I have done that plenty of times with my hip pills , lol.
I know exactly how that feels.....I can just take them , put the container away , go to walk away and be like "did I just take my pills" ?
I do that sometimes because I always try to go longer then I should without them , sometimes I end up not taking them because I cant remember how many hours its been , lol. Not good :(

Sometimes I think I need a little gremlin to follow me around and keep an eye on me , lol.
:grey::grey:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I am just plain stupid in the morning until I have had at least 2 cups of coffee. I have meds that must be taken on an empty stomach, so it's one of the first things I do when I get up is take my meds. But then yeah, I'm like did I take this one? Did I take that one?

I once accidentally took 4 Benedryl forgetting I'd already taken 2. It hit me while I was driving to work and I knew right off what I had done. I swear it was like trying to fight off a coma. Very bad thing to do!

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
OMG ! I could only imagine what that must have been like , holy cow !
If I double up on mymeds I can get a horrible migrain , so I try to be so careful and I will go without before I do that again , it was horrendous. And when I get them , its for 3-4 days , the worst being 5 days !! Never again will I make that mistake again !
It can be so dangerous !

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Definitely my dumbest medication mistake. I'm lucky I didn't crash or hurt someone else, and I'm probably lucky I didn't actually die.

Once I accidentally took my dog's medication! It was for his bladder stones and actually was a human medication, so luckily it didn't hurt me.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
Definitely my dumbest medication mistake. I'm lucky I didn't crash or hurt someone else, and I'm probably lucky I didn't actually die.

Once I accidentally took my dog's medication! It was for his bladder stones and actually was a human medication, so luckily it didn't hurt me.

My dog had an ear infection the same time my dad needed eye drops. The vet told us to be extra careful not to get the ear drops in our eye (you can see where this is going) my dad accidentally used her ear drops as his eye drops! It hurt so badly he was screaming an using his eye under the water,and once I accidentally almost took aspirin instead of tylonal (I'm to young for aspirin) my brother caught me before I ate it though (phew!) and roxy, thank goodness you stayed awake :O!!!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Oh, Ann, that had to have been awful for your day! I know how it can happen though! The dog's medication was in a brown pharmacy bottle because I had to get it from a pharmacy and it looked just like my allergy pills, so I didn't notice when I got it out of the bottle.

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
That's what happened to my dad, they were both white drop bottles that ad to be kept in the fridge! He's fine though, were you affected by the medication (I hope not!)

Most Reactions

Latest posts