baby budgie foot deformity :(

OP
IcyWolf

IcyWolf

Jul 5, 2011
Etters, Pa
Parrots
~Alexandrine Parakeet~2 Red Lored Amazons~Blue Fronted Amazon~Black capped conure~4 Green Cheeks~4 Parrotlets~2 lineolated parakeets~9 American budgies~9 English budgies~ And lots of babies :)
That's so cool, I absolutely loved watching the pair while they had the baby. During that time, I had to move all of the birds out to our living room since there was no light or heat in our bedroom and laundry room where they normally are(power was out). During that time period, there really wasn't much else to do other than sit and watch the birds, so that's what I did for two weeks, just watched the budgies. It's amazing how they interact with each other. Momma would poke her head out of the box and whistle to the male until he would come over and feed her so she could feed the baby :) And I loved that she came out of the box to poop, very smart. I even got to watch as barnaby, our little male that can't fly, start playing with toys for the first time. It was like a light bulb went off in his head and he went from sitting quietly in the corner of his cage(pretty much the only thing he could do his whole life before coming here)to realizing how much fun it is to grab a toy in his beak and shake it around. :p

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Most people don't realize that smaller birds have a lot of personality, even my canaries. My too would drop the bell on their head and she think its funny but the canaries would go tease her. Or the parakeets would chase back and fourth, they tease the cockatiels too, steal food from the too. We sit there and observe them all the time and laugh at what they do.

logansmith

Dec 28, 2011
Parrots need our guidance. They have no idea how to live with us in our living rooms. They need to know what we expect from them we have to treat them .

Most Reactions

Latest posts