Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Video did not come through.
My babies make a noise that is more hiss than anything else I can describe. The older they get the more they flap there wings when begging for food.

I am hand feeding the youngest chick (Popeye) the parents no longer give it any food, just pluck his/her feathers.

Parents still feeding the other two babies but can not be kept in the same cage due to feather plucking.

All babies are eating some millet seeds + other stuff(pellets bread grated apple and carrots). They are all loosing weight and that is my biggest concern.
I have read that it is normal to have weight loose when they fledge but how much ?
at what point is it a danger?

The 2 older chicks are very active and both have flown short distances. It's the youngest one I am worried about. has less energy and looks to me like it sleeps more that the others. All I can do is give it as much food (hand feeding) as I can and hope for the best.
texsize

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
the sound of feeding

This is the noise my babies make when begging for food.

EDIT saw your video. Yes my babies have made this noise, at least I think so. I have a lot of Tiels in the same area and they tend to make noise all at the same time.

Today 9-15-16 is the first day that all my babies have gained weight instead of lost weight. I feel much relieved.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts