Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Hello all :)
I hope everyone is well. Currently baby sitting this baby orange winged for a good friend of mine. Fortunately for me we get to spend the afternoon together. Here are some pics. More coming soon as I giver her a bath and lunch. Enjoy. Cheers :)

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, what a sweetheart!!! Lucky you to get to spend the afternoon with her:)

Baby enjoying her first shower :)

Last edited:
Shower time was fun now let's have a picture :)

Baby looking pensive after her first bath

Last edited:
Hello terry :) how are you? How are your fids? I hope all is well. My two parrots seen very interested in their new visitor particularly my kiwi

Just love those baby zon eyes. Thanks for the pics. Are you sure your going to let that one go home,LOL.

It belongs to my boyfriend who isn't able to meet her feeding times today due to meetings so I m keeping her to feed and play and such. I ve told him not to do this too often else I may not send her home lol

I d love another baby zon to be quite honest about it. Particularly after the re homing situation didn't work in my favour yesterday but such is life. I will of course keep everyone posted if a baby zon is indeed a possibility in re near future. The flock could always use some new members and I have the time and space :)

Too bad your not here in the States. I know of several zons looking good homes.

Hello terry :) how are you? How are your fids? I hope all is well. My two parrots seen very interested in their new visitor particularly my kiwi

The fids and I are wonderful, thank you for asking!
I bet your fids are interested...that baby is absolutely precious!
I am loving all these pictures:)

That baby is sure cute :)
I think Orange Winged are GORGEOUS in person. Photos do not do them justice. The head coloration needs to be seen in person to truly appreciate! I love them.

Although they're fairly common in the US, I rarely see them here in my part of Southern Cal. I've seen quite a few species in person, yet I had never seen an OW until last year? Not too popular here for some reason.

Yes it's a pity. It's the reason I didn't get a baby I was really going for the re home but the owner had a change of heart at re last minute.

Hello Raven :) that's a very mystical name I like it reminds me of Celtic moors and Druid tales :). Here amazons aren't very common as pets but I know a few people with them although almost solely OWAs. I like the YCAs also. Each species is special. I agree with you completely photos do not convey the beauty is the birds.

I have yummy food in my tummy. :). Look at that nice full crop :)

Last edited:
Hello Raven :) that's a very mystical name I like it reminds me of Celtic moors and Druid tales :). Here amazons aren't very common as pets but I know a few people with them although almost solely OWAs. I like the YCAs also. Each species is special. I agree with you completely photos do not convey the beauty is the birds.

Raven is my BW Pi's name, and I used to have a bird named 'Gryffin'. I will reuse the name shortly though ;) 'Griffin'. Mythical winged guardian half lion half eagle... I love that :)

Aww that's a nice story :) I don't have much of a story behind mine. I like the name gryffin :)

Aww. What a cutie. :) I miss my OWA.

I've only ever met one amazon in person, and she was a mean Mealy. Very very bonded to my friend's mother, and hated everyone else hehe.
I absolutely love the baby zon face. So cute. :)

Thank you witchbaby :) you re quite right she is quite the cutie. I m going to have a very hard time giving her back to her daddy tonight :(. When I was feeding her it was quite nostalgic. My babies will be one year old in July. I miss the baby months mmmm the small of baby food and the rewarding experience of hand feeding. I really want a baby parrot.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back