back to square one, most likely...

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
I fell and tore the ligaments in my ankle...and Pippin won't have ANYTHING to do with me now. He is afraid of the crutches and doesn't want to be near me much even when I am sitting and away from the crutches. :( I have a feeling that by the time I am healed, I will be back to the beginning with him. :(

ShellyBorg

Apr 8, 2013
Redding, CA
Parrots
TAG Spirit,RLA Danny,Senegal Damon, Parrotlet Opal, B&G Paris
Give him time...I have a hand cast that everyone was sure was going to kill them and had to be attacked! They are fine with it now and even trying to help be bust out of it! LOL

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
He'll get used to it don't worry. If you can, get a walker with wheels....easier on you and he can ride and hang out. When I broke my leg (spine and wrist) falling off a ladder, my birds loved it. They always knew where I was and would ride on the front of the walker, and hang out on it all day. It took them about 4 days to even go near it, but once they did they loved it. Maybe dangle a bell or a toy on your crutch, make a game out of it. Lol I had all sorts of bird toys, treat dishes, bells and stuff all over my walker. :) and they loved it because I was home all day for weeks. Hope you recover soon. :)

OP
chippy

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
Thanks...It just sucks but I'm sure you're right and it'll be fine...I think I am feeling down in general because of the pain and not sleeping well, so feeling very emotional... :(

Ravennessa

Jun 22, 2013
Franklin Sq, NY
Parrots
Jacob a sun conure who found me!
Pain will do that to you.. So sorry you had to deal withthat... But thats what a forum is for.. VENTING ;) I hope you feel better soon <3 Im not so good with birdy advice but I can def give you my well wishes.. :D

OP
chippy

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
Thanks for the advice and well-wishes... It's been 3 weeks since my injury and Pippin is getting a little better with me again. He still doesn't like the crutches but isn't quite as frightened as he was. I am starting to be able to do a little weight bearing so shouldn't be too much longer before i can get rid of the things, maybe a week or two more?

anyhow, just wanted to update! :)

Most Reactions