Bathing your bird (CAG)

OP
DRB

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo - Female CAG hatch Nov 2015
Another shower today for Perjo, she didn't get upset, moved around the cage a bit but all in all she's dealing with it. I think we've reached a point where I can expect her to accept showers are a part of life soon.

OP
DRB

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Best bath ever today. I dare say Perjo actually enjoyed it, at least a little. Seemed like she ran towards the misty spray. Stay the course for all of you who have birds that don't like them.

GraciesMom

Apr 9, 2016
California
Parrots
Gracie - CAG | Rookie - BRHP
Stay the course for all of you who have birds that don't like them.

That's awesome.. I know the feeling :) You're so right tho for some it can change from terror to enjoyment. Gracie who 2 months ago was terrified of water/misters now gets so bent out of shape if she sees I took a shower without her. At work she'll jump right into the sink and play in the water & dances around when she's misted.

She'll actually tell me to "hurry hurry hurry lets go go go go" while she's waiting her turn.

Don't give up :) it could become one of their favorite activities .. then again like anything else they all have a mind of their own.

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
Yes on of my CAGs actually went from hating showers to stepping down into the tub for one.

saracuse

Mar 21, 2016
Syracuse, NY
Parrots
Yellow-sided Green Cheek Conure - Hatch Day 12/11/15 - "Tiki"
I didn't really know any better and just brought Tiki right into the shower at about 3.5 months old. She stepped up on my hand, i put her right under the warm (not hot) water and got her soaked quickly and returned her to a shower training perch where she just relaxed for the remainder of it. Now she jumps into the sink whenever I have the water on and gets pretty loud if I don't at least offer to bring her into the shower. She gets fully soaked once a week and likes to relax in the steam other days. I let her take her quick soak in nice warm but never hot water and then turn it up for myself. She loves the steam. She usually closes her little eyes and yawns a few times. Pretty cute. I thought i scarred her for life by just bringing her into the shower but nope.

OP
DRB

DRB

Jan 23, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
Perjo at 7 mos old this week, officially truly enjoys baths. It's crazy how they adapt and can do such a 180. I know she likes them for two reasons, her body language in the cage while getting showered is positive and she moves toward the misting spray. Then after in her cage she sings and whistles at full volume for at least a full half hour.

Plus she also dances in her water bowl 2-3 times a week, I think she's trying to tell me something.

Most Reactions