What is wrong with my bird?

bobby?

Oct 29, 2023
A few days ago, my parakeet flew into a fly trap so I gave it a bath with olive oil to get it unstuck. It seems to not be doing very well since then. It looks very weak and sick. I just gave it another bath today because it still looked a little oily. What could be wrong with it? Please help!

Attachments

• IMG_0122.jpeg
    IMG_0122.jpeg
    314 KB · Views: 13

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Please take your bird to an avian vet ASAP!!! Get an emergency appointment if you can to get in immediately. This resource can help you locate a vet in your area:

I would stop with the baths as Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s good for your birdā€™s feathers either. He or she could even be poisoned from the fly trap. Please get them medical attention.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Please take your bird to an avian vet ASAP!!! Get an emergency appointment if you can to get in immediately. This resource can help you locate a vet in your area:

I would stop with the baths as Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s good for your birdā€™s feathers either. He or she could even be poisoned from the fly trap. Please get them medical attention.
YIKES! Please keep your bird as warm as possible and get him to the avian vet immediately. He will die soon unless you act now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts