Bathing?

northernlights1

Mar 22, 2012
seattle
Parrots
green cheeked conure, almost 1yr old.
i noticed that my conure never misses a bath when the sun shines through his window. mornings are best!!:green2:

OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
i noticed that my conure never misses a bath when the sun shines through his window. mornings are best!!:green2:

Tico in the longer light seasons seems to prefer his baths in the late afternoon, early evening. I guess he didn't want to be left out this time but then I did just scrub out his water dish and give him fresh water. He loves to bathe when I've just given him ..fresh...water...argh have to change it *again*..heh..

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011

Tico in the longer light seasons seems to prefer his baths in the late afternoon, early evening. I guess he didn't want to be left out this time but then I did just scrub out his water dish and give him fresh water. He loves to bathe when I've just given him ..fresh...water...argh have to change it *again*..heh..

Rowdy does that, too. She takes a bath and it's all messed up from her dunking her pellets. So I wash the bowl and put it back with fresh water and she jumps in for another bath!

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
The suction cups dont work in our shower either, we use it like this....see pic.

The grey and quaker enjoy the slight mist. Last night i tried the cockatiel with me and she came off the perch onto my shoulder and climbed to my chest to catch the running water fall, lol. Now i know she needs her nails,trimmed! She splashed and got soaked and loved it. Yay finally a bird who likes to shower.

Attachments

• IMG_20120326_122541.jpg
    IMG_20120326_122541.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 196
OP
Wulfgeist

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
Now that might work! I don't have a towel rod or anything like that in the shower..but! there is a recessed area with a stainless steel handrail..I tried and it does fit down in there..feels like it should be secure enough that he's not going to pull it out..Thank you! I will be testing this out tomorrow.

Sulphiria

Banned
Banned
Mar 12, 2012
Deltona, Florida
Now that might work! I don't have a towel rod or anything like that in the shower..but! there is a recessed area with a stainless steel handrail..I tried and it does fit down in there..feels like it should be secure enough that he's not going to pull it out..Thank you! I will be testing this out tomorrow.

Let us know how he likes it! :-D

Most Reactions

Latest posts