Bathroom cleaners

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
So I'm stumped with what I should use for bathroom cleaning. at the moment I have to use some pretty powerful bleach for the toilet and the tiles as the amount of limescale where I am is ridiculous. For the rest of the place I know to just use warm water and a cloth to clean stuff but for cleaning out the bathroom I'm a bit stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
use 409 wich is a generic multi cleaner on the sinks and stuff and I use whatever toilet cleaner is cheap...if he end up in the toilet....1) it will have flushed a bunch and 2) the bird needs to be rescued immediately or he will drown. Simple green simple orange basically any generic cleaner will be safe. as a general soap solvent they won't put industrial chemicals on the market where toddler humans can get into them and die.

carolflan

May 23, 2017
So I'm stumped with what I should use for bathroom cleaning. at the moment I have to use some pretty powerful bleach for the toilet and the tiles as the amount of limescale where I am is ridiculous. For the rest of the place I know to just use warm water and a cloth to clean stuff but for cleaning out the bathroom I'm a bit stumped. Does anyone have any suggestions
A handheld steam cleaner ! That's what I use now since I got Jessica its fantastic. No chemicals required!

Sent from my SM-T560 using Tapatalk

LauraC

Aug 27, 2017
Southern California
Parrots
Fuji - Moustache Parakeet 6 yrs Old
A handheld steam cleaner ! That's what I use now since I got Jessica its fantastic. No chemicals required!

I am thinking of getting a steam cleaner for cage cleaning. What brand do you have and how much did it cost?

carolflan

May 23, 2017

I am thinking of getting a steam cleaner for cage cleaning. What brand do you have and how much did it cost?
I bought mine locally for about 30 QUID think its hotpoint

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
As you are currently bird free Viakal will help with the limescale.

Not bird free things like lemon juice and vinegar

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
I like to use those Lysol wipes on my toilet and Lysol toilet bowl cleaner. Doesn't seem to have a harsh smell at all. I actually scrub my tub with Fawn dish soap and it works well. Steam cleaner for cracks and such.ive seen videos of people usinc Coca Cola to clean their toilet and it seemed to work well. After all it does take off rust. I got my steam cleaner from Amazon its by PUR it works great and was less than 30 bucks.

OP
LordTriggs

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
steam cleaner appears to be the answer! I'll use distilled water with it to avoid spreading any limescale. Living in this part of England it's really bad and super annoying, I try to avoid drinking tap water due to how bad it tastes.

Is white vinegar really that good at cleaning the toilet? I have seen the thing about coca-cola but I don't trust myself with the full sugar stuff around! I have a terrible sweet tooth

T00tsyd

May 8, 2017
UK
Parrots
Green cheek conure - Sydney (Syd) Hatched 2/2017
OP
LordTriggs

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
I thought I'd post in here as it was most relevent.

Yesterday I had to get my car's MOT done which it failed spectacularly! Has to go to the mechanic tomorrow to have a large part of it replaced (pretty cheap though, why I like this mechanic, whole family has gone to him for years)

but I went to my mother's after and she happens to say "do you want a steam cleaner? I've got a spare one that I don't need" so now I have my own very expensive steam cleaner. It's one of the floor type ones but I'm sure it won't explode if I use it on the bathroom tiles

Looks like I'm getting the hint from life that another bird is right for me!

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
I thought I'd post in here as it was most relevent.

Yesterday I had to get my car's MOT done which it failed spectacularly! Has to go to the mechanic tomorrow to have a large part of it replaced (pretty cheap though, why I like this mechanic, whole family has gone to him for years)

but I went to my mother's after and she happens to say "do you want a steam cleaner? I've got a spare one that I don't need" so now I have my own very expensive steam cleaner. It's one of the floor type ones but I'm sure it won't explode if I use it on the bathroom tiles

Looks like I'm getting the hint from life that another bird is right for me!

it won't if you remember to keep it topped up with water :D

Last edited:

Most Reactions