Best kind of harness

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Hi guys! I am bringing my new Green Cheek Conure home soon, and I am wondering what your experience has been with harnesses? Which do you use and why? I am sure the harness will come with training instructions and I will of course be doing more research on that, but I am mostly wondering which you have found to be the safest for the bird and easiest to use, with safety coming first.

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
I use the aviator harness and leash. It's easy to put on, comfortable, and safe. You'd want to watch the DVD it comes with and listen to what the guy says about getting your bird used to it.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I have two Feather Tethers and one Aviator. In regards to safety, the Aviator is the best! In regards to easiest to put on my big "turd", the Feather Tether wins! So..... I plan to train my new girl to wear the Aviator instead! Win-Win!!! :D

Most Reactions