Best parrot

OP
B

binaryterror

Oct 11, 2006
Do you think she will ship? Also, my mom keeps telling me no to a bird because we used to have a parrokeet and she hated it. She says they are smelly, loud, and dirty. I know better and kept telling here the GCC are not loud, the dont smell, and they are dirty! Please help me out, I need something to tell her!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
binaryterror said:
Do you think she will ship? Also, my mom keeps telling me no to a bird because we used to have a parrokeet and she hated it. She says they are smelly, loud, and dirty. I know better and kept telling here the GCC are not loud, the dont smell, and they are dirty! Please help me out, I need something to tell her!

I think you and your mum need to talk about this a lot more before you go ahead with anything else.

Firstly I'm gonna speak like a mother (I have two kids of my own) what happens when you are having a day out with your mates and theres a party that night, but your bird needs to be out of his cage for a good bit of excersice and cleaned out. Food, water changing on a daily basis, What about when you are at school/work what will the bird do then? Will you come home from school/work and clean him play with him BEFORE you even think about going out with your mates. Have you got the time to clean up after your bird and spend good quality time with him. A lot of birds will scream when they are bored, Please remember YOU will be responsible for that bird and all that that means. Will you be able to put the bird first in you life?

Mother talk over.

Maybe you could take your mum to a pet store that has GCC and show her that they are a lovely bird and fairly quiet, also you need to show your mum that they are only as clean as YOU will keep them. Before you do anything else you need to talk to your mum, at the end of the day who will be buying the bird, cage food, toys and everything else that the bird needs. Who will be at home with the bird when your out with your mates. You both need to agree on this before deciding to get one. Any pet you get has to have everyones approval. Try to convince your mum to pop on the forums to have a look.

I wish you luck, let us know how you BOTH get on. I don't want this to come off as another nagging by another mother, so please don't think that I'm having a go at you I'm not, I just want you to be fully aware of the time and effort even 1 bird will take. And hey if your mum really doesn't want a bird then you can still come here and share all the birds that we have here. :D

OP
B

binaryterror

Oct 11, 2006
Haha thanks. That was really helpful! I also did go to the bird store with a GCC and she saw how quiet it is. I will talk with here again though.

Most Reactions