Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
That woman clearly viewed them as objects, not beings and that is so sad. I have some in laws that I rehomed a pug to. After 6 months I found that he was being locked in his kennel with no food, water, allowed to go out. When they did put him out, they would leave him out for days so I went to their house and took him. Yes there were words but they didn't put up a fight. He is now with us and will not go anywhere else. The inlaws have gotten new dogs and gotten rid of them. I am not polite with them when they get a new dog, I'm very blunt and tell them they need to stop getting dogs because they don't keep, nor care for them properly. I am very clingy to animals and will never rehome again because my experience seems to be bad when I have tried. I'm glad you got the babies back.

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Update, a dear friend of mine, the wonderful woman who. Took the first four and also is the new mommy of one of my baby tiels ended up taking them home so they can live with her flock including their siblings. I wish you all could see what a tornado of happy budgies flies around her living room all day! She just joined the forum, I hope she posts pictures for you all! I get to visit them often and she says to them "hey, your grandma is here!" I think I am a bit young to be a grandma, but in budgie years I guess I could have produced like, a hundred generations!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
:( That is so horrible! What kind of person would do that? what the heck! This makes me mad that someone would promise to you then sell them to some random person who could have been an animal abuser, thankfully she wasn't! Than lie to you?!?!What the hecks! :( Im really sorry for you and what those poor baby birds had to go through. They are safe and in a good place now with your dear friend :)

Last edited:

Ann333

Jan 8, 2015
New Mexico
Parrots
--PUMPKIN - male YS GCC. Hatched Halloween Day 2014. Came home Jan. 4, 2015. Started talking in July '15!

-BUTTERNUT- female TYS GCC Hatched in late Jan. 2016 and came home March 14, 2016
Wow.... some people! SMH. :( I'm glad they are back with you.

95talongirl

Jul 24, 2012
IL
Parrots
Blue Front Amazon, Mopar
Hawkhead Parrot, Maverick
Speechless.

... just glad you were able to get them back!

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 167

Most Reactions