Big News! A new addition coming home this winter!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Just an update since I have been so sporadic online lately, but Iā€™m now in my third trimester and both myself and the baby are very healthy according to the routine testing done last week at my checkup with the midwife. I barely notice Iā€™m pregnant most of the time actually unless the baby is moving and Iā€™ve just started to show a little (finally!). Iā€™ve just been really busy- busy getting stuff ready for the baby, busy getting our home ready and figuring out some new ways forward with my art shop. Kiwi, of course, is just as happy and goofy as ever since his life hasnā€™t really been disrupted. I canā€™t believe how quickly time has been flying by and that sometime in late December or very early January, weā€™ll have a beautiful little baby to love on:D ā¤ļø

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
April, I am so happy to read such a wonderful update! I'm so glad you are feeling good and that everything is going well. I'm so excited for you!!!!
It's also really good to see you post, I have missed you:)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Wonderful update. I read a great article while my freind was pregnant. I will see if I can find it again. But the focus was supporting expectant and new mom's. That culturally in the past , and currently in some other nations we did a better job. That it's a time to respect your body, slow down , allow others to help, cook ahead some hethy meals for the he freezer.
Anyway I hope you have a wonderful delivery, and a joyful new baby.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I'm so excited for you, my friend! December or January?!? That's right around the corner!

And we very much appreciate the updates. You're family, April. It warms hearts hereabouts to know you and your family are doing so well!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Wonderful update. I read a great article while my freind was pregnant. I will see if I can find it again. But the focus was supporting expectant and new mom's. That culturally in the past , and currently in some other nations we did a better job. That it's a time to respect your body, slow down , allow others to help, cook ahead some hethy meals for the he freezer.
Anyway I hope you have a wonderful delivery, and a joyful new baby.

Iā€™ve actually been looking into making ā€œfreezer mealsā€ for at least a week after baby for us beforehand but Iā€™ve spoiled myself by always cooking fresh all the time and donā€™t really like frozen leftovers:p Plus being a vegan, Iā€™m not entirely sure what will freeze well:confused: Itā€™s a tricky challenge to figure out what to make! Kiwi will also need food too:eek: We are fortunate my husband gets 6 weeks off after the baby comes to help out. Once he goes back to work though, Iā€™m all on my own. No one else nearby who can help or take the baby for a few hours or whatever. Iā€™m of the mind if I slow down too much now, itā€™ll be much harder to recover and get back into the swing of things after the baby shows up. Still, Iā€™ve been taking a little nap here or there as I feel like it and let him do a sink of dishes every once in a while when I really donā€™t feel like doing so;)

I'm so excited for you, my friend! December or January?!? That's right around the corner!

And we very much appreciate the updates. You're family, April. It warms hearts hereabouts to know you and your family are doing so well!

January 1st is my due date. My mom says she had me in the week before her due date and had a healthy, active pregnancy too, so Iā€™m thinking I may even end up with a Christmas or Christmas Eve baby��! Joe is really hoping for New Yearā€™s Eve because he thinks it would be a cool birthday to have. I guess weā€™ll have to see!

I will continue to try and pop in and give updates/answer other peoples birdie questions when I can:green:

Last edited:

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Congratulations! Our littlest just turned two. :) Itā€™s great your hubby can get time off to help, I found that the first month was brutal from having my sleeping schedule totally disrupted from feedings...

I also hate frozen meals and avoided it, and instead I did a lot more canned stuff (garbanzo beans are blessed) or cold pasta salads etc when I didnā€™t feel up to cooking. I think that what really saved my bacon was the crock pot though - then I could prep and throw everything in while the baby was napping and it would be ready by the time my partner came home and my oldest was out of school! I bet there are some good vegan curries or sweet potato/squash dishes that would benefit from the low & slow cook time.

Edit: I googled it and this came up as the first result, it looks like some of them you can freeze the ingredients to throw into the crock pot when you are ready to cook, which sounds way more appealing to me! https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/vegan-crockpot-recipes/

Last edited:
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Congratulations! Our littlest just turned two. :) Itā€™s great your hubby can get time off to help, I found that the first month was brutal from having my sleeping schedule totally disrupted from feedings...

I also hate frozen meals and avoided it, and instead I did a lot more canned stuff (garbanzo beans are blessed) or cold pasta salads etc when I didnā€™t feel up to cooking. I think that what really saved my bacon was the crock pot though - then I could prep and throw everything in while the baby was napping and it would be ready by the time my partner came home and my oldest was out of school! I bet there are some good vegan curries or sweet potato/squash dishes that would benefit from the low & slow cook time.

Edit: I googled it and this came up as the first result, it looks like some of them you can freeze the ingredients to throw into the crock pot when you are ready to cook, which sounds way more appealing to me! https://sweetpeasandsaffron.com/vegan-crockpot-recipes/

Iā€™m also thinking crockpot, soups, and ā€œeasy to makeā€ meals might be more for us. Freezer meals just sound... so unappealing and we donā€™t use a microwave so even if I bought the plastic TV dinner style meal prep tray things, how would we even cook them? Plus as per Kiwiā€™s vet, he canā€™t eat frozen food (like chop) at all, only freshly prepared. Iā€™m thinking Iā€™m going to be relying on hubby for meals for the first 2 or so weeks then can start slowly easing back into it myself. His job in all of this will be to handle all the household stuff so I can recover and get used to caring for a baby, so cooking for both of us will definitely be his thing in those first days. I also have to balance that time to focus on me and baby with easing back to my routine relatively quickly as he gets 6 weeks and then Iā€™m all on my own with the baby and the household stuff and when Iā€™m up for it, trying to seriously monetize my creative pursuits like a little home business type thing.

Last edited:
OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
For those of you who like seeing my projects and are following my baby thread, I *finally* got around to sharing a new project on instagram. I think you all know me well enough to know some ā€œstandardā€ baby mobile would never do, so I made this celestial mobile with quartz and glass crystals, hand made polymer clay disks and ā€œtoppersā€ for the crystals and even a couple (faux) air plants. All mounted on a branch that was once in Kiwiā€™s cage but he chewed through one end and it no longer fit his cage�� Obviously, the branch was not painted when it was in his cage, but Iā€™m super glad I kept it because it worked well here! We also found an awesome laser star projector that is situated under the mobile and because of all the crystals, it just lights up with sparkles when we turn it on (when Iā€™m done with the nursery, Iā€™ll have to do a video of everything. It is going to be the coolest baby nursery ever!). Enjoy!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B340AGwA0Yv/?igshid=1avrxvmm8aakz

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
I love it, April! Not only is it beautiful and very creative... but it's also VERY you! This is an example of an artist's soul finding its way into her work. I believe your little one will approve.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
I love it, April! Not only is it beautiful and very creative... but it's also VERY you! This is an example of an artist's soul finding its way into her work. I believe your little one will approve.

Babyā€™s room is a very creative space! I was brought up around all kinds of art and want our baby to be as well.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
For anyone whoā€™s interested, I actually posted a picture of my baby bump�� Probably the only one Iā€™ll post. 7 weeks to go before babyā€™s expected arrival of 1-1-20, though my gut says baby will make their debut in the world the week of Christmas. Not sure why, just a feeling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4yTBlXAgTu/?igshid=j3kal5l7jo1g

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Have been wanting to do this drawing since I had my ultrasound (10 weeks ago!). Finally decided today was the day. My sweet babyā€™s profile in my unique drawing styleā¤ļø https://www.instagram.com/p/B4AnP2ggCuz/?igshid=15ime3ax0zc4l

I LOVE this! Unique and beautiful, April! Thank you for sharing it with us!

For anyone whoā€™s interested, I actually posted a picture of my baby bumpļæ½ļæ½ Probably the only one Iā€™ll post. 7 weeks to go before babyā€™s expected arrival of 1-1-20, though my gut says baby will make their debut in the world the week of Christmas. Not sure why, just a feeling.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4yTBlXAgTu/?igshid=j3kal5l7jo1g

Sweet! And you're still so tiny! Wow, can't believe you only have 7 weeks to go! Exciting! Can't wait to 'meet' the lil' one!

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Since I finally set up imgur, I figured Iā€™d directly post here this time. I am 38 weeks today which means the baby could come at any time now (though will hopefully wait until after Christmas). We are so excited and I am SO ready for the baby to come. I seriously donā€™t think thereā€™s any more room to grow in there. I can barely eat as is because there is just too much baby pushing everything up lol. Anyways, if I mysteriously disappear for a while, you guys will know why ;)

qor9ZaM.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
You look darling, and I hate to tell you this, but you're tiny - there's plenty of room left! I hope everything goes smoothly and that when you disappear, you at least find a minute to post a quick announcement and a picture.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
You look darling, and I hate to tell you this, but you're tiny - there's plenty of room left! I hope everything goes smoothly and that when you disappear, you at least find a minute to post a quick announcement and a picture.

You look radiant!!! And I agree tiny tiny!!! My freind has a baby this summer, and was a miserable huge lump.

I can only imagine how ready you are!!! And how excited to meet your new baby!!! I hope you can really rest and pamper yourself right now.

I too can't wait to see your new one!! I Love the tiny tiny toes and fingers and new babies.
Blessings on you little momma to be!!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Awww, you've got that new momma glow! I can't wait to see your little one either, but for your sake I hope the baby holds off until after Christmas, too! A belated Christmas surprise!

Is your go-bag ready? And has your husband been running his drills? Lol! Tell him he can't freeze come go-time!

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Love the pictures and you already know I follow you on Instagram, I love all the art you post it's fantastic!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts