Big News! A new addition coming home this winter!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Difficult time of year for a Birthday...
My dear mother was a Christmas Angle and she always stated that being born on Christmas Day, one gets to know who the cheap relatives and friends are quickly. :D. The birth prior to New Year's Day (midnight) allows for a Tax Deduction for all of 2019!

But either way, a warm loving blessing upon you and yours, sweet lady...

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Awww, you've got that new momma glow! I can't wait to see your little one either, but for your sake I hope the baby holds off until after Christmas, too! A belated Christmas surprise!

Is your go-bag ready? And has your husband been running his drills? Lol! Tell him he can't freeze come go-time!

Lol. Thankfully, Joe is very calm and rational in virtually any situation. Iā€™m not the freak out type either, though I will be in a whole world of pain and undoubtedly not myself, so I definitely appreciate his stoicism and trust heā€™ll take care of everything we need. I did pack a bag for the baby and a bag for us last weekend. Also put a list on the door of who to call, when to call, what to bring etc... We should be good to go when the baby is! So excited,

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Difficult time of year for a Birthday...
My dear mother was a Christmas Angle and she always stated that being born on Christmas Day, one gets to know who the cheap relatives and friends are quickly. :D. The birth prior to New Year's Day (midnight) allows for a Tax Deduction for all of 2019!

But either way, a warm loving blessing upon you and yours, sweet lady...

Iā€™ve told the baby it better not come on Christmas Day. I guess weā€™ll see if this will be a rebellious child who doesnā€™t listen to momšŸ˜‚ And yes, we would not mind baby coming before midnight on the 31st for the taxes lol.

OP
Kiwibird

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
Ok guys, before I get too busy and forget, hereā€™s the babyā€™s room. You had to know it wouldnā€™t be very ā€œtraditionalā€œ ;) I DIYed SO much. Thatā€™s partly why Iā€™ve been so absent. We did a space theme we hope will be good whether itā€™s a girl or boy. At least we both like the colors and stuff. This room was our office before with just the pull out sofa bed Iā€™ll be sleeping in for the first few months. Now itā€™s the babyā€™s room and our office. Not quite as spacious as it used to be but orderly enough, I think:51: We had to shove all our office stuff against the back wall and put my husbands desk in the walk in closet so the lights wonā€™t wake up the baby at night.

Babyā€™s area. I think itā€™s very cool for a baby! I made the crystal mobile, 7 chakra banner above the crib and 2 of the framed art. The other ones were by family members. I also made a custom constellation print chair pad for the rocking chair. And does anyone spy the big stuffed :green: lurking in the babyā€™s area???

TJUzWUr.jpg

I set up a star projector and moon light (above the changing table thing) for nighttime when I have to feed or soothe the baby and donā€™t want super bright lights. The star/aurora projector thing is so cool, it has a bunch of different colors and makes a gentle movement on the ceiling. Someone gifted us a noise machine that glows pretty colors and makes mostly relaxing sounds, which is nice.

Gh1jwLh.jpg

Where Iā€™ll be sleeping and have been sleeping;). Our only bathroom is downstairs plus I donā€™t want to have to be up and down the stairs all the time with a baby just to sleep in our room. This will fold into a sofa again once baby is mobile leaving a huge play space in the middle of the room. I painted the giant space lava lamp. The eye and peace sign I made out of a pizza box top (we didnā€™t have a huge decorating budget lol) and the good vibes sign thing out of polymer clay.

jOeuDzs.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Love the celestial themes April. You've done an impressive job decorating and planning the big day! (or night)

Most Reactions

Latest posts