bird poop

memsandkiwi

May 16, 2015
Parrots
Senegal parrot named kiwi.
My senegal has occasional watery poop normally after eating some morning cheerios and almond milk and a little bit of eggs. He eats breakfast lunch and dinner at the same time I do And i feed him his fruits and vegetables. I just want to know if this is normal or anyone else has experienced this. It's not a constant thing. It's just every once in a while.

SilverLining

May 5, 2015
Sugar Land, TX
Parrots
Charlie - CAG // Mango - Sun Conure // Tango - Gold Capped Conure // Alex - Indian Ringneck Parakeet
I noticed this in my birds too from time to time. I think its ok if its only once in a while. But if you're that worried about it, go to a vet and get it checked out.

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Kyo has runny poop periodically and I've brought her to the vet twice. My vet advised that fresh food does this to them and it's nothing to worry about.

Kalel

Jan 2, 2015
Canada
Parrots
Sun conure named Lemon (nickname Moonie) hatched August 28, 2014, BFA Professor Green hatched August 22, 2014, Macaw Flash hatched Sept 15, 2007
My conure has runny poop if he eats a significant amount of fruits. I'm pretty sure that's normal after eating fresh foods.

Last edited:

EdgesofTwilight

Sep 2, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Parrots
Cosmo - Hahn's Macaw
I had the same concern with Cosmo. I found out that it's normal. Another thing too if your bird bathes they will ingest water and really scare you with the super watery poops. :) It all depends on what and how much they eat. If it's consistently watery no matter what he eats, then it would be a cause for concern. A routine health check by your avian vet wouldn't hurt either.

Most Reactions