Birds in the lockers!

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
So the talk of the town in school today was that some ding dong took her little budgie to school and decided to put it in her locker! :eek: What What!?!?:confused: Why.... what was she thinking? So they heard something in the locker banging agents the door! :( So they opened it up and their was a mangled little budgie just weakly sitting there and it was like dehydrated and starved! Poor poor bird I was so mad about that! I think the parents are getting rid of it thank goodness! You couldn't pay me millions of dollars to do that!

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
that is just sick!....also called animal abuse

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Lilo - Female Green Cheek Conure ~ Pal - male cockatiel ~ Pheobe - female cockatiel
Oh ya I felt sic to my stomach when I saw it, it was so sick looking! :(

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Agreed! I think they did but I'm not shore but I seriously hope they did!

kc_y0

Nov 17, 2011
Media
Sydney
Parrots
Eclectus Female - Audrey.
Art - Budgie.
Astro - Budgie.
Mini - Budgie, RIP gorgeous girl.
Poor little baby! :'(

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I truly hope this "Ding Dong" was punished by the school. AND it should have been reported to the ASPCA for cruelty to animals. :mad: AND her parents should have been notified as well. UGH!!!

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Ya apparently the parents came down and talked to the kid and like the parents said they are getting rid of it. My friend was in the office at the time, she overheard that. I hope that that was true!

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
Getting rid of the bird? Well that's one step I suppose, but that's not punishing the girl. It could've died in her locker... and if she's silly enough to do that then I'm not sure taking the bird away would do much except possibly save the brids life (which is great by the way! Just doesn't do much punishment wise to the girl).

I mean I'm not even into the whole animal cruelty thing because you can just pat an animal a little too roughly and people can go ANIMAL CRUELTY!!! or I know someone who accused me for animal cruelty.. why? Because I ate one of my own chickens eggs... It could have been fertilised so I was evil apparently. ^^ But there are a lot of cases of REAL animal cruelty and this is surely one of them! That girl out to be ashamed of herself.

We as humans have been charged with the responsibility to care for ALL animals on this planet, not torture and kill them. *grumpy face*

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
She needs to be suspended or something! last year we had two dogs and one cat getting stuffed in the lockers! 0.0 Why would you even think of doing something like that?! Those thoughts have never crossed my mind!

Kinny

Jul 26, 2013
Media
South Australia
Parrots
1 male Cockatiel
She needs to be suspended or something! last year we had two dogs and one cat getting stuffed in the lockers! 0.0 Why would you even think of doing something like that?! Those thoughts have never crossed my mind!

Certainly! >=O My thoughts exactly! How could people even 'think' about doing such a thing..? I know I once took my skink to school but uh.. that's a skink haha. And I was 12.

Kimmied

Sep 7, 2013
PA
Parrots
I have one umbrella cockatoo. A female 3 years old named Mina.
What the heck did she bring it to school for? Did she think she is in kindergarten and it's show and tell time? Jeez! Let's hope her parents do something more than just get rid of the bird. Not just give the little animal terrorist a pat on the head and say don't let it happen again. I agree with all of you. I hope they notified the ASPCA and she has a huge fine to pay and some community service. Poor little bird.

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
I know I'm in High school! What the aren't we all young adults here?!? I guess not!

Kinny: what in the world is a skink? Lol

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
If my chicken eggs that come from a store are fertilized, I don't wanna know about it!!!!!!

Yup.... slaughter houses.... animal cruelty.... but I like my meat thank you very much! As much as I love animals, I can't not eat meat! As much as I like veggies, the vegetarian/vegan life doesn't appeal to me!

As for that girl? She's one fry short of a happy meal!

I've taken birds with my to school before, when I was in school... they were always kept with me or with a teacher if I couldn't take them with me. Did that maybe twice?

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014
If my chicken eggs that come from a store are fertilized, I don't wanna know about it!!!!!!

Yup.... slaughter houses.... animal cruelty.... but I like my meat thank you very much! As much as I love animals, I can't not eat meat! As much as I like veggies, the vegetarian/vegan life doesn't appeal to me!

As for that girl? She's one fry short of a happy meal!

I've taken birds with my to school before, when I was in school... they were always kept with me or with a teacher if I couldn't take them with me. Did that maybe twice?
What's so wrong with fertile eggs?
Trader joes claims to be unfertile but I know several people who have hatched their eggs
Just sayin, if you buy from them.

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Ya I LOVE my meat but the chicken farms and the cow meat farms that have them in mud and 10 chickens in one small cage! :( eww I just want to take them all and give them better lives! Like the chicken commercials are like we treat are chickens perfectly! I am very happy about the free ranged chickens that are used for meat and eggs, the people that have thoes farms are my friends! :)

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Trader joes claims to be unfertile but I know several people who have hatched their eggs

The very thought of eating a potential life within an egg is disturbing to me! And yes, I have heard of stories of eggs bought from stores that people have successfully hatched! One of them was after a women heard the eggs "chirping" when she tried to boil them, so she took them out and got an incubator, put the eggs in and later got chicks! I know fertilized eggs (i.e. developed embryos) are also a delicacy....

In short, the thought of eating a potential life (i.e. fertilized egg) is disgusting to me! Sometimes, I even have a hard time eating the white part that sticks to the yolk... I don't avoid cooking with eggs though, I just try not to think about whether or not that egg could be fertile!

SpotsandSally

Sep 30, 2013
Alaska, USA
Parrots
Kiwi : Indian Ringneck Parrot RIP, taken far too young, Mango : Lovebird, 5 years old 2014, Sprite : Pineapple green cheek, <1 2014

The very thought of eating a potential life within an egg is disturbing to me! And yes, I have heard of stories of eggs bought from stores that people have successfully hatched! One of them was after a women heard the eggs "chirping" when she tried to boil them, so she took them out and got an incubator, put the eggs in and later got chicks! I know fertilized eggs (i.e. developed embryos) are also a delicacy....

In short, the thought of eating a potential life (i.e. fertilized egg) is disgusting to me! Sometimes, I even have a hard time eating the white part that sticks to the yolk... I don't avoid cooking with eggs though, I just try not to think about whether or not that egg could be fertile!

Ah, I see. My biggest issue is I sell eggs, but I haven't the heart to kill the roosters, so twice my customers got some developed eggs. Oops. They both were ok about it, but still, it's gross.
Oh, and the white part has nothing to do with fertility. I believe it just keeps the eggs together - literally has nothing to do with being fertile or not. But I'm sure you knew that! :)

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Ya... I do know that, but I still find it gross sometimes! LOL I used to make it a point to separate it from the egg and then forced myself to stop doing that!

I had decided when I was younger (pre-owning of pet birds!) that that was a part of the bird... like it's organs and such.... or perhaps that's what my family told me! So it grossed me out! (then again, one of my aunts wont eat tapioca because the family convinced her that the tapioca beads were fish eggs... and she likes fish! so who knows! LOL )

It's just the thought of eating a live bird that bothers me, even though the egg hasn't developed... and you can't tell before you incubate them!

OP
kq_fan

kq_fan

Jun 26, 2013
Media
Seattle, Washington
Parrots
Ok so I've been told she was suspended from school and the bird was taken away! I'm glad something happened!

Most Reactions