birdy survey!

xoaprilox

May 27, 2011
I thought this would be a fun way to get to know eachothers birdies and brag a little! I'll start, then you can copy and paste!

Name: Cleo
Pics:
DSCF0785.jpg

DSCF0802.jpg

Age: 10 weeks, i'm a baby... but don't underestimate me!

Sex: Only I know... that's for the humans to find out later!

Nicknames: Lo Lo, Cleoli Ravioli

Favorite food: Corn!! Just can't get enough. Fun to play with!! And it's yellow!

Favorite place to be: on the shoulder. Too bad I get aggressive up there and am not allowed!

Favorite toy: The bars of the cage are fun to climb and anything yellow!

Pet peeves: When people stop giving me scritches!! Don't they know that I love them!?

Words said/ whistles: None, but I sure do flock call and beg for attention!

Favorite things to do: Get scritches, eat corn, sit in my food bowl, eat, eat eat, be a little stinker!

What I love most about my owner: The little one loves me to death and the big one gives me food!!!

Motto: My way or the highway, buddy!

Name: Piper

Pics:
DSCF0810.jpg

DSCF0381.jpg

Sex: The humans don't know for sure, but they think i'm a girl because of my quiet, laid back personality.

Nicknames: Pipes, Piperoni, Little one.

Favorite food: Nothing in particular, i'm still trying everything out.. taking it slow. But I do love that millet stuff!

Favorite place to be: cuddled against Mommy's shirt.

Favorite toy: Anything with straw is good with me.

Pet peeves: When the little, white, barking monster comes in and scares me!!

Words said/ whistles: None. I only quietly flock call for Cleo.

Favorite things to do: Cuddle, cuddle, and cuddle. I also like following Cleo, aka Head Honcho around. I sit in the food bowl just like her!

What I love most about my owner: She cuddles me and thinks i'm the perfect little birdy!!

Motto: i'll take some lovins please!!

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
awwww your birds are gorgeous! i have too many to do a survey for all of mine LOL!

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
i'll just do angel cos its her 1st birthday in 2 weeks!!

Name: Angel

pics:

sex: female

nicknames: Angel pie

favourite food: walnuts, oranges and raspberries

favourite place to be: on my mummy having a tickle

favourite toy: my big blue bell

pet peeves: bed time!!

Words said/ whistles: hello, bye bye, tickle, what's that, shut up (at the dogs), give us a kiss, bird, car, thankyou

Favorite things to do: cuddle, tickles, playing and looking out the window

What I love most about my owner: she is a good tickler and loves me sooo much and i get yummy food!

motto: if you are human you must worship and adore me.... or else!!

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Jade:

Sex: Girl

Nicknames: Jadie-Jade, Jadie-Jade McJadiepants

Favorite food: I love my purple pellets and Mom's Birdie Bread

Favorite place to be: wherever I want to be at the moment, duh

Favorite toy: My boing.

Pet peeves: When Max starts screeching! Getting put in my cage when I should really always be out.

Words said/ whistles: I say Hi in many different languages and inflections.

Favorite things to do: Fly, cuddle my dad, bonk, cuddle some more and flirt

What I love most about my owner: Dad realizes exactly how wonderful I am.

Motto: I am fabulous and you must do what I want.

Ruby

Sex: Girl

Nicknames: Ruby-bubi, Rube, Sweet Ruby, Lovely Ruby

Favorite food: Sprouts...then grapes...then corn...then peas...then everything else. I'm not picky

Favorite place to be: with Mom

Favorite toy: Anything I can untie

Pet peeves: When Jade thinks she gets all of Mom's attention or my place on the boing.

Words said/ whistles: I'm learning new words every day. I say "I love you" to mom a lot. I say "Poop, Ruby" when I want out of my cage. I say "Luke, shut up" he's the big quadraped that's really loud. And I started saying "Bonk, bonk, bonk..." this week. That's just a small sample of my every growing vocabulary

Favorite things to do: Be with Mom. Eat sprouts. Play tag with Jade.

What I love most about my owner: She scratches my head just exactly right and lets me cuddle up on her shoulder.

Motto: Are you gonna finish that?

Max

Sex: My original family said boy, but my family now suspect girl and I'm not telling

Nicknames: Maxi-Max, Maximo, Destructo Bird

Favorite food: Corn on the cob, Brussels sprouts

Favorite place to be: Near Dad

Favorite toy: Anything made of wood that I can chew into little tiny splinters

Pet peeves: Jade. Ruby. The quadrapeds. When anyone but Dad tries to touch me.

Words said/ whistles: the dulcet tones of my flock calls (that happen any time of the day) are all I need.

Favorite things to do: Be with Dad. Wood that I can chew to bits

What I love most about my owner: Dad's just great.

Motto: Don't touch me! I love you, Dad.

Last edited:

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
Alex!

alex068.jpg

Sex: Male

Nicknames: Alexander, Smelex (my mothers pet name for him) Lex and STOP THAT YOU @#$! (Everyone when he bites them)

Favorite food: Mango and apples

Favorite place to be: In your shirt or on top of my cage!

Favorite toy: My ladder with the movable beads.

Pet peeves: Cats! (I will attack them!) and not being allowed on peoples heads.

Words said/ whistles: I don't talk. I do have two screams though, loud and louder. I also make a grumpy grunting sound when happy.

Favorite things to do: Fly. Everywhere around the room. Play with my toys, chew on your hair and drop half chewed veggies down your shirt

What I love most about my owner: Besides spoiling me? Amber lets me get away with murder.

Motto: "*SCREECH* *SQUAWK*" repeat x infinity

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
What a fun thread,,,,I will see if I can get this to work.....

blizzard jan 2011, leroy, ava 005.jpg

Name: Ava
Sex: female
Nicknames: diva, princess, ava bay, baby
Fav food: apples and corn and brown rice and birdie bread
Fav place to be: in my birdie tent of course
Fav toy: my cluster of bells,,,I ring it to get attention. LOL
Pet Peeves: I don't know why but I don't like that Leroy bird. He annoys me
Words said: I don't speak but I know how to get my point across just fine
Fav things to do: sit on the shoulder of one of my owners and my absolute favorite thing to do is go to leroy's cage just to make him mad..Tee Hee
What I love most about my owners: They spoil me rotten
Motto: I own this house and I don't even make the payments.

flight suit 005.jpg
Name: Leroy
Nicknames: Leroy my boy, Lucifer
Fav Food: Well duh, all food is my fav food....LOL
Fav place to be: Anywhere my owners are
Fav Toy: Any toys that swing, I am a swinger. Ha Ha
Pet Peeves: Having other birds in the house...especially that little brat, Ava. She ruffles my feathers
Words said: Whatcha doin', I love you, where's daddy, step up, hi, how are you, let's dance, night-night.
Fav things to do: Play, play and play some more....did I mention playing? Oh and my all time favoritie thing to do is keep mom on her toes with my personality changes....I LOVE that one.
What I love most about my owners: They love me and put up with my mood swings.....and they like to cuddle with me
Motto: Leroy or Lucifer, which bird should I be today. Always keep them guessing. lol

leroy and dusty oct 2009 031.jpg

Name: Dusty
Nicknames: Dusty dude, Dust, chatterbox
Fav Food: corn, birdie bread, brown rice and any fruit
Fav Place to be:Anywhere mom is
Fav toys: Bells, bells and more bells...it's an addiction really.
Pet Peeves: When mom goes to work and when Leroy screams
Words said: I never shut up.....I say Noooooo, Step up, Stop that, I love you, Lets dance,Leroy shut up, Come here, hi, how are ya, dusty is a good boy, I'm a pretty good boy, leroy, whatcha doing, wanna come out and others.Even though mom doesn't like it, I tell the dog to shut up when she barks too.
Fav things to do: Play with bells, talk and be with mom
What I love most about my owner: She love me and she loves it that I chatter all the time..she says I eve talk in my sleep.
Motto: I can be on you but don't you touch me. LOL

Last edited:

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
Oh! I should put my part time fids down too I guess! (There my mothers really, but you know growing up around them and all)

06062011106.jpg

Izzy

06062011107-1.jpg

Bee (the only photo I could manage as he tried to attack me)

Names: Izzy and Bee

Sex: Males

Nicknames: Izabellbell/Bellbell and BeeBee

Fav Food: Carrots! And sunflower when we get it.

Fav Place to be: In our cage. We downright refuse to leave it.

Fav toys: Eucalyptus leaves!

Pet Peeves: For Izzy- When Bee nips me. For Bee- When Izzy pulls my tailfeathers for revenge.

Words said: We can't talk, but Bee tries to a lot. We do whistle tunes though and both can imitate a siren pretty damn well.

Fav things to do: Bite everyone who comes near.

What I love most about my owner: We really don't like them at all!

Motto: KEEP AWAY. Or we will bite!

:grey::yellow1:

Izzy and Bee are my mum's rescue birds. Izzy had a mangled foot and a head injury when we got him. He has minor brain damage as a result and will space out for hours on end. (as the vet put it, kinda like minor epilepsy.) You can poke him and anything while he is like this as he not aware of his surroundings at all. When he is lucid though, it's a whole new game! He also has terrible night frights often as another effect of his injury, and we worry constantly that he will hurt himself. His foor has healed, but the bone set odd and one of his toes sticks out and seems to be fused at the joint. It is useless. He is also missing the top part of another toe. We have no idea why.

Bee is terrified of people. We think he had a pretty hard life before he came to live with us. He will prepare to attack as soon as you are within biting distance.

We tried to tame them for years, and still do, but no success. Except for Bee now has no fear of people but still hates them and will actively attack you now instead of if you accidental get to close or corner him. :rolleyes:

But they have a nice huge cage, they have each other for company and get alone well (when izzy isn't spaced out anyway) with both each other and Alex when we visit. They have an indoor aviary with room to fly, good food, lots of toys and people who love them, even if they don't love us back. Most importantly though, they are happy little guys.

kitt

Mar 27, 2011
Michigan
Parrots
Ava(peach faced lovebird) and my very first bird
Leroy (black headed caique) my little moody bird
Dusty (hahns macaw) my clown
Awww, poor birdies....I am glad you listed them....they deserve to be on here too...

Most Reactions

Latest posts