Blessed Sleep!

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
Some of you may have known I have had horrible problems with getting my Macaw to sleep through the night, and not wake up screaming and dive-bombing to the bottom of her cage. She's lost all her tail feathers because of it, scratched her face and tore the feathers off the otp of her head doing it (they grew back.)

I think I solved the problem! It's been 5 nights of quiet, no screaming sleep. What I had to do was cover her, than double cover her to make sure there weren't any openings. But it's working so far (cross fingers.) and my household has been able to sleep without being jerked awake by a screaming bird at 4am.

She did have a 'night fright' in the middle of the day friday. I was in the room on my computer and she wa staking a nap. The next thing I know she screamed bloody murder and fell to the bottom of her cage. Scared the crap out of me.

But yay, sleep!

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Good job. I hope the little darlin is not so much in fear now. She must be a very sensitive Macaw.

KatherineI

Mar 27, 2012
Media
Seattle, WA
Parrots
Loki (GCC) Sugar (Goffins)
Poor baby! And poor you! I hope this is the solution :( sounds awful to go through.

I too have been having sleep difficulties with my Goffins, but nothing as what you described. I can't imagine! Good luck!

Most Reactions