Boomer, Pewpew and Kiki 2016

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
Hello! Long time, no post! I wanted to drop in, say hi and share recent photos of my wild ones. Boomer is doing very well. I like the 2016 Boomer better than the 2015 Boomer. He is more loving, has less attitude and we have a better understanding of each other. He hardly bites anymore (knock on wood) which was a big issue in 2015. If he does bite, I'd give him a timeout in the living room so he can calm down and realize he did something I did not like. I close the door behind my bedroom so I can also be on my computer and have some peace and quiet for a while. I'd come out and see that Boomer's crawled back in his cage or perched by the window, a lot calmer. It's worked great so far.

Pewpew and Kiki are awesome, smart and playful little budgies. They adore Boomer and follow him everywhere. Boomer's gotten better at 'tolerating' them. He'd give them a warning lunge when they get too close, but never actually biting. I was worried at first but realized he does not intend to hurt and the budgies are way too fast for him anyway. I think he secretly likes them because I'd catch them playing 'tag' by themselves where they'd fly between the living room and the bathroom. He'd also crawl in their cage and perch in the evenings when I'm cleaning the cages. He just doesn't like them touching him. I hope someday he'd let them get close. All in due time.

Here they are soaking up the sun in the indoor garden:

... and here is Boomer drying in the sun with Kiki (Yellow) and Pewpew (blue) and Pewpew (blue). They all like to join me in the shower. I leave the bathroom door open so they can fly in. Boomer would be on my shoulders before long. The budgies, then they feel like it, would wait for splashes on the bathroom perch or just perch atop my head if they want the full experience. Not today though:

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
It's GREAT to 'see' and hear from you and your flock!! :D

There's my favorite Technicolor chicken, the one and only Boomer! :heart: Look how pretty they are all sitting together in your gorgeous indoor garden! :) Kiki and PewPew are little stunners, too! :D

OP
BoomBoom

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Boomer (Sun Conure 9 yrs), Pewpew (Budgie 5 yrs), Ulap (Budgie 2 yrs), Eight & Kiki (Beloved Budgies, RIP)
JerseyWendy, thank you so much! Best regards from my little flock to yours!!!

Skittys_Daddy

Jan 6, 2014
Lewiston, Maine
Parrots
Neotropical Pigeon - "Skittles" (born 3/29/10)
Cockatiel - "Peaches" (1995-2015) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sammy"
(1989-2000) R.I.P.
Budgie - "Sandy"
(1987-1989) R.I.P.
Great to hear from you and Boomer! Also great to hear the news! I think that once suns have hit maturity and gone through the terrible twos that they eventually mellow out a bit a few years later. We develop a sense of 'understanding'. I went through the same thing with Skittles and I'm glad that you and Boomer are reaching that point too.

But yeah, if they are 'sharing' territory that is a great sign. It usually means they've "accepted" the other as a member of the flock.

Thanks for sharing the great news! Keep us posted on how you all are doing!

BTW, the 'neon nightmare' says 'hi' to his 'technicolor chicken' buddy!

OP
BoomBoom

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Thank you, Skittle's Dad and Jellybean! Boomer is over 4 years old now. I hope he continues down this road for the years to come. The worst of his hormonal episodes occurred in summer last year so it should be interesting how he gets once May or June hits. Hopefully it's more manageable than 2015 haha!

Give your feathered friends a virtual scratch from me! Neon Nightmare sounds like a superhero alias! All Skittles needs is a cape and mask!

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Hi! Good to hear Boomer is doing well and is really being a good boy :). I love Kiki and PewPew, very cute new additions! Great that all the boys get along.

Before I had Mink my English budgie as a friend for Twigs, Twigs was perfectly accepted by Raven and Griffin. Then Griffin started turning on Twigs and becoming dangerous to him all of a sudden. a couple times he grabbed him by the flight feathers, and once had him hanging upside down by his tail in Griffin's mouth (just like a mouse dangling by it's tail in a cats mouth). Then no more budgies mingling with the parrots after that. It doesn't sound like you'll have a problem with Boomer :). Griffin doesn't have a very 'stable' personality though.

OP
BoomBoom

BoomBoom

May 2, 2012
Parrots
Thanks for the advice, Raven. Will definitely keep an eye out on those 3. I hope you and your flock are happy and well! It's great to see so many familiar faces still active in the forum!

Most Reactions

Latest posts