Got my nails done, green cheek aggressive towards me now

pebbles1553

Nov 30, 2023
Media
Parrots
lovebird
Hi everyone,
I'm new here, I have a 1 year old pineapple green cheek conure named Piña. We have a great bond. I got my nails done on Sunday by my daughter and after that. I couldn't hold Piña anymore, he kept biting me hard & lunging towards my hand. He let's me pet his head still, but not hold him. I know it's because he doesn't like my nails. I can tell he's scared of them. I didn't realize they get fearful of nails being painted or done. Lesson learned! I choose my bird over nails, I'm going to my daughter's house today to get them taken off. Do you think I will be able to hold him after I get them off? Did getting my nails done break his trust in me? Any advice would be appreciated on this matter. Thanks everyone!
yes, my bird did the same thing, She surprisingly doesn't do it anymore. They think something new is on your hands, and she is trying to protect you from it, i think. When the nails are gone, i think she will be fine again.😁

OP
Piñasmom76

Piñasmom76

Mar 5, 2024
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
yes, my bird did the same thing, She surprisingly doesn't do it anymore. They think something new is on your hands, and she is trying to protect you from it, i think. When the nails are gone, i think she will be fine again.😁

OP
Piñasmom76

Piñasmom76

Mar 5, 2024
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
I had them taken off yesterday. When I got home, Piña came right to me, no problems, no biting. Definitely lesson learned, going natural on the nails moving forward.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Bumble doesn't like certain colors of nail polish, but I haven't quite narrowed down the list of acceptable choices. I don't do my nails often but I do sometimes, and I'm just prepared for the idea she might hate them. If her hatred is strong enough, off they come. Otherwise I let her live through it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts