Brady hanging out with me

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Brady loves being with me while I am working, listening to music and hanging out and talking to mom. The foot up means two things...pick me up or tickle my foot either works! LOL
IMG_5563_zps71ee2b11.jpg

IMG_5556_zps6e0deab2.jpg

IMG_5565_zps2a14b9bb.jpg

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Oh what a pretty parvipes. Looks and acts just like my jakiepoo. Great pictures, thanks.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
f3yellowjake004640x480j
Here she is, MsJakiepoo.
f3yellowjake004640x480j

Last edited:
OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Oh what a pretty parvipes. Looks and acts just like my jakiepoo. Great pictures, thanks.

Thanks Captain, she is a DOLL BABY! Always so sweet, steps up to anyone but really loves mommy! She has helped me get through some pretty rough stuff recently and reminds me so much in her feeling towards me as my long lost love Karma (male YNA). Karma only could be touched by me so it is so nice that Brady will tolerate anyone but still has "chosen" me! It is the very best of it all!

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
What a beautiful bird!!

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
I know this song "dates" me but does anyone remember "Brand New Key" by Melanie, she was a late 60s-70s folk singer that mostly just used her first name? Brady went nuts over that song she also really likes Walkin in Memphis.

She enjoys it when I sing to her but these two songs in particular get her super happy and she always recognizes them and it got me wondering if there are certain songs that other birds really like. I know music is a big part of my life, I don't watch much tv and if given a choice between music or tv/movies and having to give one up, it would be tv for sure.

There are songs for me that no matter what mood I am in make me happy, make me want to sing along and some even make me dance no matter what I am doing even if it's washing the dishes.

So have you noticed certain songs that your birds always respond to?

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh what terrific photos, Laura, thank you SO much for sharing!!! :D Brady is STUNNING!!!!

(Don't see Capt's photos either :()

Hunter responds to any and all music that get's 'me' going. :32: LOL. In particular "Jiggly Puff", and no, I neither taught her that, nor does that one get me going. :eek:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Brady is such a beautiful baby!
And so is Jake, the pic is now showing up:)

I totally remember that song, Laura, and now it will be stuck in my head...one of those kinds of songs..lol.

Justice and Slater LOVE "Call Me Maybe", "Kokomo", and anything by AC/DC. They have eclectic taste:) The rest don't seem to like any one song more than another...Xander likes anything country, Ekko loves kids music, the rest don't really seem to care much at all.

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Brady is such a beautiful baby!
And so is Jake, the pic is now showing up:)

I totally remember that song, Laura, and now it will be stuck in my head...one of those kinds of songs..lol.

Justice and Slater LOVE "Call Me Maybe", "Kokomo", and anything by AC/DC. They have eclectic taste:) The rest don't seem to like any one song more than another...Xander likes anything country, Ekko loves kids music, the rest don't really seem to care much at all.

Terry, I love "Kokomo" one of my feel good songs!:D

Wendy I had to look up "Jiggly Puff" when does she hear that?...admit it, do you watch cartoons:p

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Brady is a beauty! What a sweet girl she has turned out to be:D

Kiwi raises his foot like that too, only when he does it, it means he needs to go potty RIGHT NOW (so you best run him home or he might have an accident)!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Laura, Brady is such a beauty, Wow!

Captain, I love Jake's photo too. But you already know I'm jealous of everyone's Zons. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Laura, my quaker loves music, her favorite is, I'm Just Mad About Harry, very old song, I played it because of her name, but she loved it the first time she heard it. She likes Christina Aguilera and The Gorillaz too. I DO remember Brand New Key, and Walkin In Memphis. I'll have to see what the parrots think. All my birds enjoy Rio and Shrek, I keep them recorded for the birds.

When Poppy waves her foot, she wants to be picked up. She waves her foot a lot.

Last edited:

Song_Kang

Jan 5, 2015
Brady is so cute! Lovely photos! My parrot sticks up his foot to "shake hands" though the "tickle me" might be a possibility!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Beautiful pics of Brady and Jake both! Thanks for sharing!

As for music, I've noticed Bixby has a taste for Hip-Hop and Salsa, ad Maya particularly enjoys Rodrigo y Gabriel and the Unbreakable soundtrack!

Most Reactions