Brand spanking new toy......

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
So I got Niko some brand spanking new BEAUTIFUL toys for my birthday. He managed to disassemble the first one in under a week, so today I plopped the second new one in his cage.

2 minutes in cage
IMG_6181.jpg

5 minutes in cage
IMG_6182.jpg

10 minutes into it :32:
IMG_6183.jpg

IMG_6184.jpg

And what does Niko have to say about that?

"What happened?" :rolleyes:

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
But it was FUN! :D

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh and the fun is FAR from over. I just ripped out all the unwound paper and will make use of it tomorrow. :D I like shuffing it into those treat-cages. Usually that keeps him busy a few minutes.:52:

I, on the other hand, will be busy for much longer, trying to get it all off the floor, countertop, under the playstand, chair, table....etc...etc...etc.. :)

triordan

Sep 1, 2010
Maryland
Parrots
Remington~ GW Macaw
Ollie/Olivia~ CAG
He's definitely having a good time! What kind of cage do you have for him?

coral3

Aug 4, 2012
Australia
Parrots
'Ringo' - alexandrine, hatched 2012 ~ 'Prinny' - princess parrot, 1992-2012 RIP
That does look like fun!

horsesculpter

Jun 21, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Catalina Macaw, Sunny
You're learning. If you got a week out of the first toy that was fantastic. I think macaws are the finest toy destroyers on earth and Sunny has a PHD in it. I dream of winning a lottery to keep her in the kind of toys I would like her to have. Just realize it is not the hours in the toy it's the fun. Or at least that makes me feel better.

OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
You're learning. If you got a week out of the first toy that was fantastic. I think macaws are the finest toy destroyers on earth and Sunny has a PHD in it. I dream of winning a lottery to keep her in the kind of toys I would like her to have. Just realize it is not the hours in the toy it's the fun. Or at least that makes me feel better.

I totally agree with you horseculpter. :) It simply amazes me to watch Niko go to town on wood. He could easily make a beaver blush. Such massive beaks can actually OPERATE in precision, lol.

I have 2 easily refillable toys for him. I buy untreated wood at the lumber yard, cut them into different shapes and sizes, drill holes and refill. Most of the time I don't even color them, but add big plastic beads in between wood slats for more color. I often add leather pieces and some sisal as well.

These are my refillable toys (when they were new)

MacToy1.jpg

MacToy2.jpg

horsesculpter

Jun 21, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Catalina Macaw, Sunny
Those are great toys. We recycle and drill a lot also. Sunny is an expert at destroying the connectors and links also. I'm going to tell her she would make a beaver blush. Some young friends bought her a wooden toy, probably $20 one and brought it to her. It was a big splurge for them and she loved it for about eight minutes. Nothing was left but the chain.

josiesmom

Jun 13, 2012
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Josie - blue and gold macaw
Josie loves a half of coconut. We cut it in half, drill 2 holes in it and hang it on a chain in her cage...It takes her a while, but she will completely clean it out....they are hands down, her favorite to destroy. The funniest part is that she fights with it like a little girl would with a doll. She will call it a "bad girl" if she can't hang on to it the way she wants.

Last edited:
OP
J

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks for the heads up, josiesmom, I will have to give that one a try. :)

Most Reactions