Breeding Quakers

saiyixuy

Aug 24, 2011
bought a proven pair of quakers,but since i got them they have produced 4 eggs first time 4 eggs next time 3 eggs next but all eggs infertile any advice

birdmama61

Apr 13, 2011
well since all clutches are infertile dont breed them again . I agree with spirit nature is telling you these birds are not producing fertile eggs then stop trying to breed them . Good luck .

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
A lot of times that's how breeder get rid of their bad producing pairs is by lying through their teeth. One or both the male and the female may be infertile. Or the conditions might not be proper right now for them to have babies. Sometimes it depends on their age as well, if it's a newer pair, practice makes it better!!! But why would you want to breed Quakers when they're illegal in a lot of states, the power companies remove their nests to prevent fire hazard, the babies are inside the nest that's being abandoned on the side, but most of the time rescuers are near by and takes the nest from them. It's very sad!!!! I used to have one and I love him dearly, one of the smartest little birds I've ever owned!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts