Breeding Zelda

Iholm5

Apr 22, 2015
Milwaukee, WI
Parrots
Proud parront to...
Tiki (U2), Zelda (GCC), Bender (Tiel), Pickles (Parrotlet), Pax (IRN), Goku (Sun), Jack (Caique), Moko (Crested Gecko), Goose (Red Lored Amazon)
My wife and I have some interest in breeding one of our birds, mostly because I've always wanted to raise a hatchling. Zelda is my 5-year old cinnamon GCC, and I wanted to know the logistics and wisdom in breeding her. We don't know if it would be best to buy another conure to breed or just find a stud for her, and how we would even go about doing so.

Any advice would be appreciated.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
If you have never bred, I would not suggest in doing so. It's time consuming and a lot of work, also very dangerous to attempt. You can easily kill a chick if your not careful if your attempting in hand feeding.

She will need a mate not a stud service, it doesn't work that way, they would need a mate to help them raise the chicks. It doesn't mean if you get another male GCC to breed with her that they will accept one another, it doesn't always work that way. They can be choosy just like us when it comes to mates. Then there's other issues that may arise, what if they don't feed their chicks, hand feeding from day one is the hardest thing to do. Very tiring and delicate experience. There's just many many things to consider.

Most Reactions