Buddy is gone

HalfInsane

Dec 23, 2011
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pixel: female senegal, hatched Dec 15, 2011
I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how I'd have reacted in that situation. If its any consolation, you did everything right for Buddy. A lot of people wouldn't have recognized he was sick, much less brought him in. He was very lucky to have you to take care of him. I hope something happens to that vet tech for this.

gemkitty24

Nov 14, 2012
Media
San Francisco, California USA
Parrots
2 Cockatiels Harley & Quinn
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace with yourself and know that you did everything for Buddy. Buddy knows you loved him and may that vet tech be removed of his license! :mad:

WeasleyLover

Banned
Banned
Aug 22, 2012
Florida
Parrots
Peatree the pineapple green cheek conure, and Weasley, Hermione, Bellatrix, and Jacob the parakeets.
I am so sorry for your loss! :(
That guy should be fired!
My prayers are with you.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you find peace with yourself and know that you did everything for Buddy. Buddy knows you loved him and may that vet tech be removed of his license! :mad:

I'm not sure how vet tech certification works, exactly, but it's probably regulated by an organization that you can report this to. Do it, and help have some animals in the future. Poor Buddy. <3

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
I'm so terribly sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you. Hugs!

luckywings

Nov 14, 2012
how terrible and tragic. You really did a great job with your bird and I feel so bad for what has happened to your little friend. I hope you can find comfort in your wonderful memories with him, he sounds like he was a fun and wonderful little guy. Sending healing thoughts.

OP
ct92404

ct92404

Oct 14, 2012
California
Parrots
My first bird was a parakeet named Buddy (passed away November 8, 2012). My newest friend is a parakeet named Chipper.
I just wanted to thank everyone for all your kind words. I still really miss Buddy, but it has gotten a little bit easier. I wasn't sure if I was ready for another bird, but my friends and family said that Buddy would want me to be happy. I realized that I needed another little companion, but at first I felt really guilty, like I was abandoning Buddy. But it got to the point where I couldn't even go to my bedroom anymore, because just seeing his cage gone was too depressing. I felt so lonely and empty. Then one of my friends told me something that really helped me...he said that Buddy really helped me, and if I let myself slip back into a depression, then all of his efforts would have been for nothing. Buddy helped me so much, and so I owe it to him to keep going.

The past few years have been pretty rough. In 2010, one of my best friends passed away after he was hit by a car in a hit-and-run accident. And since then I've been dealing with a lot of other things in my life. It's been really rough, and I had problems with major depression. Buddy really helped me, he helped me to get out of bed in the morning and keep going. When I couldn't get hold of my friends or if they were too busy to hang out, I could at least pet Buddy and play with him, so I wasn't just sitting in my room, feeling bored and lonely.

I never knew a little animal, especially a bird, could help so much. That little bird saved my life. I will never forget him.

I did in fact get another bird, another parakeet. I got him on Sunday, at the same bird farm where I got Buddy. He can never replace Buddy, of course, but he is already becoming a great little friend. And he is helping me to not feel so lonely and empty. It's helping me to take my mind off things by taking care of him and training him. I'll post a new topic about the new birdie soon.

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Dear ct. I'm sorry beyond words to hear about losing buddy. But I'm thrilled to hear that you brought home a new birdy. Clearly you will give this new bird a wonderful home and as much love and respect as anyone can. You deserved a new featherd pal and the feathered pal deserves YOU! It's a wonderful thing you did in giving a great home to this new bird as a tribute to your pal Buddy.

What's your new birdy's name? Can't wait to see some pics when you're ready.

Blessings to you ct.

grassyfairy

Nov 7, 2012
I agree that no amount of money will bring Buddy back. When I read your story to my daughter. I couldn't help but cry. I am a nurse in the human world and I agree that was just plain neglect and malpractice on the tech's part and I agree with the others that the vet should be held accountable for the individuals that they hire. Be sure that you keep records for everything that happened and get a copy of what appointments that you had and everything that was going on with buddy. I speak from experience that accidents happen in the world of medicine everyday. However, the attitude of the individual making the mistake and lack of empathy is not right. Bless your heart, I will pray for you and your loss. Chino's mom, aka grassyfairy:(

Brodie

Jul 25, 2012
Media
Melbourne, Australia
Parrots
Male Eclectus- Oscar and Female Eclectus- Scarlet
So sorry to hear about buddy :( I hope this new little guy makes you feel a lot better in the long run :)
The vets nearly killed my kitten this week. Yeah, accidents do happen but they SHOULD NOT. Not these kind of accidents anyway. That vet should get fired, I would have made sure of that.

Most Reactions