Budgie has dried discharge on cere

K.kelly524

Jun 14, 2017
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure
4 amazing budgies
Hi! I posted a thread not too long ago about this topic but forgot ton include time important parts. First, I found out that my budgie of two years is actually a boy, not a girl lol. Second, I woke up this morning to find that there had been dried brown discharge on his cere. He is eating normally, playing and talking fine. Even standing up on one foot and talking up a storm. If it weren't for the brown:blue2: discharge I'd say he was completely normal. I have an appointment with the vet tomorrow but I'm really worried if he isn't in danger for the night. His tail isn't bobbing and his breathing sounds normal. I turned on a humidifier for him and that seemed to have helped a great deal. He did get into a fight with one of my other budgies last night. That was a first and I had to separate them into different cages. I'm extremely worried about him and I just wanted to know what your opinions are on this matter. I will try and attach a pic :blue2:of his cere. Also! The discharge is only coming from one nostril. The other one seems to be perfectly fine.

Attachments

• IMG_7134.jpg
    IMG_7134.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 1,066

Vilatus

Jul 17, 2017
Michigan
Parrots
One Quaker, Nico
I can't say that I've ever experienced this with my budgie... I think taking him to the vet is the right decision though. Better safe than sorry considering they're so excellent at hiding illness.

However, are you sure it isn't blood from fighting with the other budgie?

Most Reactions

Latest posts