Budgie on the loose!

c3honey84

Mar 9, 2011
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Eclectus-"Roxy"
Yesterday I was getting out of my car and I saw something yellow and green fly by me. I thought, there are no yellow/green birds around here...so I walked over to the tree and there was a green and yellow budgie! I tried to entice it with some seeds, but ti didn't work, and it eventually flew off. I felt so bad, especially since it is getting cold! I put out a cage with some seeds in it, but who knows how long this bird has been loose. It might not have any interest in a cage anymore. How long do you guys think the bird can live out there in the cold?

Rio Mom

Apr 7, 2011
Pennsylvania
Parrots
River - Green Cheek
Conure/
Pepper - Congo African Grey/

Rest in Peace Rio
Hopefully it decided to climb into the cage for the food. Maybe try putting some millet in there too to lure him/her in.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Hope you catch him! I caught 2 of mine last year in march in a Sam's club parking lot. It got to freezing temperature that night, they were lucky I found them. They can fly just fine but they let me catch them. They huddle up against me for warmth and I took them home, they ate a lot cause they were skin and bones. Slept a lot, took them a week to recover. They were also very young, right around 3-4 months old.

OP
C

c3honey84

Mar 9, 2011
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Eclectus-"Roxy"
Yea unfortunately this one did not let me catch it. :( It flew to another tree on an other block. I will try some millet and see if it works. It was in the 40's last night, so I hope I see it again soon!

Most Reactions