Bumblefoot?

skyispurple

Dec 27, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hi. I noticied something on my mothers cockatiel. I searched the internet and it looks like a bumblefoot. Is that it? What treatment is recommended? There are 2 parrots in that cage and this one won’t let me or anyone else touch it. So what can I do?
My vet recommended that i apply betatine on it

Attachments

• B563456B-6BE3-4AC5-9575-0FDBB6ECD015.jpeg
    B563456B-6BE3-4AC5-9575-0FDBB6ECD015.jpeg
    230.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

ShellyL

Feb 15, 2021
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Parrots
Black capped conures, Duffy and Rocky
Lilac Crowned Amazon, Gemi
Blue Fronted Amazon, Paco
Alexandrine Parrots, Worf & Dougie
Congo African Grey, Ozzy
Parakeet, Stormy
Hi. I noticied something on my mothers cockatiel. I searched the internet and it looks like a bumblefoot. Is that it? What treatment is recommended? There are 2 parrots in that cage and this one won’t let me or anyone else touch it. So what can I do?
My vet recommended that i apply betatine on it
Wrap their favorite perch in a few layers of vet wrap to make it more comfortable. Provide perches with different surfaces (natural branches, vet wrapped dowel rods, flat perches, sand perches, etc.) and different diameters (thin, thick and everything in between). Take the perches out of the cage and sanitize them often. If they tend to be a perch potato, I also think it's a good idea to rearrange the cage and mix things up every couple of weeks or so. I hope they heal quickly and the bumble foot doesn't reoccur!

Most Reactions