Bumble's First Molt

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Bumble has been dropping tiny feathers for the last week or two. I googled and it appears that Parrotlets have their first molt between 4-6 months of age, and she's coming up on 4 months old. Today I came home to all these gifts. I'm mostly not freaking out because I know this is normal - but I did live have an IRN once who plucked so I am a *little* anxious. Mostly I just wonder what I need to know to help her through this as best I can, and if anyone wants to tell me not to freak out that would be great. Or if I should freak out, please let me know.

744eebd1b96b3e4be1280c1028019c42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Welcome to the first molt!!! The first of many, year after year, after year!

Depending on the year (the weather) our Amazon will provide a light mold or it will look like a blizzard hit or he had a dozen friends stop by.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Welcome to the first molt!!! The first of many, year after year, after year!

Depending on the year (the weather) our Amazon will provide a light mold or it will look like a blizzard hit or he had a dozen friends stop by.

LOL on the dozen friends,Steven.

Yes Inger, it looks to me that little Bum is dropping her clothes..
I clearly remember when Beebs started his very first moult there was so much fluff around I thought for sure he'd be bald in a week. I never had a birdie that dropped some many clothes at one time :eek:
Soooo....take a deep breathe and relax dear..;)

Jim

OP
Inger

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Thanks guys. [emoji846] I can't imagine what I would do without he support of all of the kind and experienced people here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions