Buyer beware. And notify the mods/admins!

Auggie's Dad

Administrator
Dec 28, 2007
Media
Albums
South Hadley MA
Parrots
Auggie: Dusky Conure
We (Moderators and Admins) work hard to keep this forum a safe and productive environment for parrot owners to learn, share, or just chat but we can't be everywhere or see everything. So please let me know when you see ANYTHING suspicious.

There was a member I had had my eye on as he was advertising his 'e-books' for parrots that anyone could log on and view. At worse I figured it was a waste of time but not much of a concern. Now-a-days any moron can publish a book, so what does it take to 'publish' an 'E-Book'... you do the math.

I was planning on removing him from the forum as it became apparent he was not contributing other than to advertise his website. Only later did I find out that one could only log in to see the 'free' e-book if they purchased an account on his website.

At least one member paid and did not receive access. It remains to be seen if he will gain access, but even if he does I highly doubt there is anything worthwhile in the e-book.

If you paid for Manosankar2010's service I recommend you stop or cancel payment.

Further, if you ever follow a link in these forums that asks for any personal or financial information, or asks you to 'buy' anything let us know right away. Any such links violate the terms of use of these forums, but more importantly 9 out of 10 times they are scams to make money or gain personal information. Help us keep the forums clear of these scams by informing us anytime you encounter a suspicious post or link.

That said we do have several contributing members who have legitimate businesses making bird toys, cages, foods, or other products. Many of them have told us about their business and provided a link for interested parties. Provided these people are contributing, and obviously here to learn and share with the community I personally think this is fine (be advised however I can't speak for the admins who can trump me on that), however anyone who is here for the sole purpose of getting free advertising will be removed as soon as discovered.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Understood and thanks for keeping this forum free of such people. We will assist in any way we can. SB

Most Reactions