Cage help and suggestions!

Thingamagigs

Oct 13, 2012
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Mana the manic female galah; yet to be named male corella
Ok... my baby corella comes home soon... ish. I want the cage set up before hand. I was going to get the same cage as tab xo but they are out of stock! Totally heart broken, its a perfect cage for what I want :(
I could buy it from another source for $500... but I was going to pay $300 so cant bring myself to pay $200 extra!!

Anyway... I am having a lot of trouble finding an appropriate substitute.
I would like a cage with a seed skirt, at least 90cm wide, on wheels with a large door and the bar spacing needs to be about 1.5cm - 1.7cm because corellas (bare eyed cockatoos) like most cockatoos spend a lot of time on the ground, I want him to be able to comfortably walk on the floor.

I love this cage Wrought Iron Open Roof Parrot Bird Cage Aviary 185cm | GTmall Online

But I saw one in person and the floor spacing looks worrying to me :(

Does anyone have any suggestions, keeping in mind I am in Australia :)

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
hello, the one i have was 300 dollars plus 70 dollars postage to brisbane, there is another exactly the same on ebay which is 440, and free postage, so only 70 dollars more expensive :)

OP
Thingamagigs

Thingamagigs

Oct 13, 2012
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Parrots
Mana the manic female galah; yet to be named male corella
hello, the one i have was 300 dollars plus 70 dollars postage to brisbane, there is another exactly the same on ebay which is 440, and free postage, so only 70 dollars more expensive :)

For some reason the one I was getting was only going to be $50 to brisbane, so $350 all up. Though $90 is heaps better than a whole $200... and it is a cage that will last the birds entire life, or at least half his life... I think I might go check ebay out :) It really is the only thing available and being a corner cage gets it out of the road but also makes it bigger than any other cage I have come across.

Im still interested if anyone has seen any about that are just as good :)

Most Reactions