Cage Size

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
I don't have a too but my severe macaw has two play stands and walk in cage to sleep and play in when we r not home..I have a pix in my profile..I think it's 6'x6'x6' feet not inches'. We converted a dog kennel into a bird cage

Last edited:

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Poppy's cage is a dome top, 40"X32"X60 with 1 inch bar spacing.

Siobhan

Apr 19, 2015
Illinois
Parrots
Clyde, Quaker; Freddie, tiel; Rocky, umbrella cockatoo.
I'm not home where I could measure, but Rocky's "castle" (befitting The King of the Toos, as we call him) is as tall as I am, taller if you count the play top, and I'm 5'9". It's almost as wide. It takes a king size sheet for a cover and that doesn't cover it all, but he likes that because he wants to peer under the edge and talk to us after he's supposed to be in bed. They always say bigger is better.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
My bare eyed is in a 40 by 30. Any bigger and he would have a heart attack from the open space and the ability for random dust balls to eat him while in that open space.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Whatever size cage you use for your cockatoo, please make sure he has plenty of out-of-cage time. If you could see them in the wild, soaring and swirling high in the sky, you'd realise how very much they need to exercise their wings. An outdoor aviary is such a good idea for cockies, but if you can't do that, then encourage him to fly indoors.

Sadly, here in Australia, lots of people keep cockatoos in a cage that's barely large enough for them to extend their wings. It's a horrible, cruel practice and I hope it will eventually die out. :(

OP
Holly the U2

Holly the U2

Apr 17, 2015
Phila, PA
Parrots
Holly - U2
Mine each have there own 80 x 40 & they use every inch of it, funny thing is there cages are a mirror of one another (same perches/toys, even the position of everything is the same) and they sit right across from each other, when they are out that run across the floor & climb on the others cage and check it out. I think they finally realized, hey this cage looks exactly like mine.

Most Reactions

Latest posts