Came home to this

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
All I know is it's very young. The bars go all the way to the nares. Karen managed to catch it with her finch net. It's now in our kid's room sleeping. I think the poor thing was worn out.

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
That's what I'm saying :) I'm going to attempt to find the owner, otherwise I guess we have a budgie.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Awww!!!! Looks like a young male! Don't have a clue about mutation names but thank you two for saving him!! I hope you find his parronts!

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
The little guy is beautiful and in very good hands.
Hope you find his family.

TessieB

Nov 3, 2013
Media
Upstate, South Carolina
Parrots
1 Blue Front Amazon, 1 Yellow Head Amazon, 4 Cockatiels, 2 Parakeets
Well, you know you are doing something right if lost birds are flocking to your house! That's little beauty for sure!

Kate_Todd

Jun 11, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Hamlet- Umbrella Cockatoo
Neville- Cockatiel
Hinata- Barbary Dove
What a lucky little guy, I'm glad he found someone who knows how to take care of him. Good luck finding his family.

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
I've posted to parrot alert and craigslist, so here's to hoping.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Aww, he is beautiful! And you most certainly do need a budgie..he could be another Disco in the making:)
I am so glad y'll were able to catch him!

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
That's what I'm saying :) I'm going to attempt to find the owner, otherwise I guess we have a budgie.

Oh Gosh, Thanks for savin the little Budgie, you could ask them to describe the little Budgie to prove it was theirs

Fingers crossed for you (and Budgie :D)

Thanks for the suggestion Joe. That's what I did do. I told "them" to describe the bird to claim it.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
This is how I got my first bird, a Budgie we named tweety. He was clinging the outside of one of our house windows. Went out to see him, he saw the opened door and flew in the house. We posted signs, no one claimed him. We got a cage and when we brought it in the house he flew to it went inside it. Wouldn't come out for a week. He was happy and he was trained. I know you were excited, that's a great moment and memory you'll have and in sure the kids love their new room mate lol. Congrats!

OP
thekarens

thekarens

Sep 29, 2013
LOL the kid recently moved to California so the budgie has the room to himself for now :)

Most Reactions