Can any pros help me out

eatemijw1998

May 3, 2015
Just a question

Can anyone explain to me why my bird turns into a devil on the floor 😂😂other wise she's a complete angel

OP
E

eatemijw1998

May 3, 2015
ok so here's my situation ...I've got I pretty big cage , table top play stand,and a pretty big bird play stand I made(she loves it) ....I've got my tabletop stand on top of the cage and my big bird stand next to my stand with a ladder from it to my cage.....not that u need to know that ...but I would LOVE to leave my conure out and on its stands and it have the freedom to go from its cage and stand when I'm out of my room(I would put her up when I leave home of coarse ... But every time I leave my room she flies to the floor and chews on the bottom of my door and screeches ...I guess trying to get to me..any ideas on how to get her to stay on her stands and stuff when I leave the room /and not fly to the floor and chew on my door!! 😂😂sorry this is very long but I would love some help :thanks :)
I'm not very good at explaining so sorry about that 😂

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
She obviously prefers your company to being left alone on her play stands. Is there anyway you could move her cage and play stands to a more active area so she could have more company?

Dewfield

May 10, 2015
Gallatin Tennessee, U.S.A.
Parrots
Mr.Man (Congo Grey/17 year old)
Sinbad (Senegal/ 40+ year old)
Dewey (Senegal/ 13 year old)
Can you rearrange her area so that she can still see you when you leave the room? Maybe give that a try.
Dewfield

Sherry1

Mar 1, 2015
California
Parrots
"Quinn C. Pickle" Dusky Conure born 12/14/14 home 3/18/15
I am no where near a pro...Quinn is my first bird....but I have been working on training him to 'stay put' when I leave the room. It doesn't always work and usually the first time I leave he'll try to follow me but I calmly put him back where I want him to stay and tell him to 'stay put' and that I'll be right back. I then come back in after a few seconds and praise him for staying (if he did) and then lengthen the intervals of time I'm gone. After about the 2nd or 3rd time He'll stay long enough for me to switch over a load of laundry, etc. It's almost like he needs a reminder every time I leave that I'll be back and he can wait for me quietly.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.
ok so here's my situation ...I've got I pretty big cage , table top play stand,and a pretty big bird play stand I made(she loves it) ....I've got my tabletop stand on top of the cage and my big bird stand next to my stand with a ladder from it to my cage.....not that u need to know that ...but I would LOVE to leave my conure out and on its stands and it have the freedom to go from its cage and stand when I'm out of my room(I would put her up when I leave home of coarse ... But every time I leave my room she flies to the floor and chews on the bottom of my door and screeches ...I guess trying to get to me..any ideas on how to get her to stay on her stands and stuff when I leave the room /and not fly to the floor and chew on my door!! ����sorry this is very long but I would love some help :thanks :)
I'm not very good at explaining so sorry about that ��

Like many parrots when they are young, an many older ones too,
They feel safer when they can see you and rest of flock. Even from a distance. My Grey will fly looking for me then to me if I'm not in his line of site. My sengal is same way. My Zon, is a bit older and a little more independent but still dose not like being left alone except at bed time and nap time.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
They feel safer when they can see you and rest of flock. Even from a distance. My Grey will fly looking for me then to me if I'm not in his line of site. My sengal is same way. My Zon, is a bit older and a little more independent but still dose not like being left alone except at bed time and nap time.

So true. After our vet visit, Husband, Venus and I pulled into CVS. I got out to run in while Husband and Venus stayed in the car. As I was walking into the store I heard a distinct "BEEP BEEP", LOL!!! I turn to look and Husband is rubbing his ear, she didn't want to be separated from me. Even at the vet, I needed to use the restroom so I took Velcro Venus with me. It's flock, family, buddies, safety, and more. I try to stay in their view, answer some flock calls but not all. Toys too, but you might have to work with your bird to teach them to play and self entertain. Very important, patience and persistence.

Hawk

Banned
Banned
Dec 5, 2014
Media
Albums
Michigan, USA
Parrots
5 Parrots, 8 year old Blue-fronted Amazon, 2 1/2 yr. old African Grey, 2 3/4 year old Senegal. 5 month old ekkie, 5 month old Albino parakeet. Major Mitchell Cockatoo, passed away at age 68.

So true. After our vet visit, Husband, Venus and I pulled into CVS. I got out to run in while Husband and Venus stayed in the car. As I was walking into the store I heard a distinct "BEEP BEEP", LOL!!! I turn to look and Husband is rubbing his ear, she didn't want to be separated from me. Even at the vet, I needed to use the restroom so I took Velcro Venus with me. It's flock, family, buddies, safety, and more. I try to stay in their view, answer some flock calls but not all. Toys too, but you might have to work with your bird to teach them to play and self entertain. Very important, patience and persistence.

My birds have a toy box full of bird toys I rotate now and then, still, if I'm not seen, toys mean nothing. But I found switching cages and perches during the day helps.

I can relate to travel and having to run in the store leaving bird with my wife...Or my Grey makes wolf whistles at people and One lady turned and looked at me with a dirty look, I pointed to my grey. LOL.

Giggleagain

Jul 5, 2014
Media
Missouri
Parrots
All my rescues: Pepita, Rocky and Eva, my Quaker Parrots Clover and Sweet Pea, YNA Willie Buttons, and TAG Coca.
I've solved the problem of following me another way. They both sit on my shoulder hanging on for life while I switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer, hop on top of the folded towels in the basket, and then get carried back upstairs. Sometimes Sweet Pea sits on my chest grabbing my sweater while hanging on to the nose-piece of my glasses (staring into my eyes) while we dust and clean, or vacuum. Clover and Pea are my attachments. They're a type of modern earring I wear on different parts of my body....

Some people have tattoos. I have parrots.

OP
E

eatemijw1998

May 3, 2015
I've solved the problem of following me another way. They both sit on my shoulder hanging on for life while I switch the laundry from the washer to the dryer, hop on top of the folded towels in the basket, and then get carried back upstairs. Sometimes Sweet Pea sits on my chest grabbing my sweater while hanging on to the nose-piece of my glasses (staring into my eyes) while we dust and clean, or vacuum. Clover and Pea are my attachments. They're a type of modern earring I wear on different parts of my body....

Some people have tattoos. I have parrots.

I use to do that but ever sense I cut my hair shorter she's obsessed with pinching/trying to preen my little hairs... kinda hurts so she's not allowed up there lol:rainbow1:

OP
E

eatemijw1998

May 3, 2015
I am no where near a pro...Quinn is my first bird....but I have been working on training him to 'stay put' when I leave the room. It doesn't always work and usually the first time I leave he'll try to follow me but I calmly put him back where I want him to stay and tell him to 'stay put' and that I'll be right back. I then come back in after a few seconds and praise him for staying (if he did) and then lengthen the intervals of time I'm gone. After about the 2nd or 3rd time He'll stay long enough for me to switch over a load of laundry, etc. It's almost like he needs a reminder every time I leave that I'll be back and he can wait for me quietly.

Been trying this !!works great !ur right it doesn't work all the time but most ...thanks very helpful

Most Reactions

Latest posts