Can I put a wild bird bath in my house for my birds?

Nathan1

Nov 30, 2013
Canada
Parrots
Quaker- Stitch
GCC - Yoshi
RCA - Polly
I want to put one in the middle of my bird room(Not too concerned about a mess). Are they safe? Is there anything I need to watch for?

I was looking at them on amazon.ca and I'm not sure what to get that's safe...I want a very simple, fairly large, cheap, 100% safe bird bath. Recommendations?

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Your link just went to Amazon cameras Nathan, but sure, there's nothing wrong with having an indoor birdbath, just be sure to clean it every couple of days.....three times a week I set up a large communal birdbath for my guys...I use a large plastic base from large flower pot.....

OP
Nathan1

Nathan1

Nov 30, 2013
Canada
Parrots
Quaker- Stitch
GCC - Yoshi
RCA - Polly
Your link just went to Amazon cameras Nathan, but sure, there's nothing wrong with having an indoor birdbath, just be sure to clean it every couple of days.....three times a week I set up a large communal birdbath for my guys...I use a large plastic base from large flower pot.....

The link is just the amazon home page, wasn't really meant to be a link lol.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I agree with Weco, nothing dangerous so long as you're cleaning it:) What size birds would it be for? You could probably use any style for smaller guys, but if you're going to have big ones in there (amazons, grays, macaws ext...), you won't want one thats 2 pieces or some delicate glass thing. You may want to look at a large one of heavy, durable materials a parrot can't tim or chip.

Most Reactions