Can my conure sleep through this?

YepImClueless

Jul 19, 2012
South Carolina
Parrots
Pyro (Sun Conure)
First I'd like to say, sorry for so many posts.. I'm just so worried...
Well I just got him, and everyone in my home agreed I should get him and said they'd stop arguing and being loud.
However they haven't changed a thing.. It's alright during the day but they stay up ALL night... I'm really upset because I'm not sure if my conure is sleeping through all this noise, or being continuously waken up... I've begged the people in my home to sleep at normal hours, and be as quiet as possible but they are being extremely inconsiderate... I have him in a dark room with no cover. The room isn't mine either, But it was the cleanest room in the house/best area for the bird in my opinion. So the person who occupies that room goes in there at 2AM or later to sleep which makes me so upset. What can I do? Is there anything I can do? I would move him to my room, however my room is just.. unsuitable I'd think for my bird. Especially since he's new to the house and scared of everything too... I feel so awful for my conure....

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Spend some time with him, and see if he's sleeping through it. Puck was able to sleep soundly through some pretty loud arguments. As long as it's dark, your bird should be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about somebody going in the room late at night though, thebird should be able to fall back asleep.

Unfortunately, your family probably has some other issues they need to resolve before they stop yelling.

OP
Y

YepImClueless

Jul 19, 2012
South Carolina
Parrots
Pyro (Sun Conure)
Spend some time with him, and see if he's sleeping through it. Puck was able to sleep soundly through some pretty loud arguments. As long as it's dark, your bird should be fine. I wouldn't worry too much about somebody going in the room late at night though, thebird should be able to fall back asleep.

Unfortunately, your family probably has some other issues they need to resolve before they stop yelling.

Yeah. It breaks my heart because they wanted me to get this bird so much. I care about this bird more than myself and I've been so stressed because I want things to be perfect for him... Thank you for the advice, I'm sure he is fine... I just like reassurance. Even if he doesn't get 10-12 hours like he needs at least he's getting some, right? Maybe things will change soon.

Conuregirl

Jan 16, 2012
New Jersey
Parrots
Oliver the nanday conure (rescue), Suki the green cheek conure, Picabo the Hahn's Macaw, and Big Bird the dove
i usually go to sleep at 2am or later. my birds usually go to sleep earlier because i turn off most of the lights. sometimes my gcc still follows me around and wants to sleep with me. i'll constantly put her by her sleep area and she might fly back to me. its sort of sweet but can be annoying since i dont lock her up. as long as its dark, they'll go to sleep and it helps if i'm not around to keep them up. just my presence makes them curious and come out of their cage.

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
Sorry for your problems. I'll bet he is sleeping fine. Hope things get better at your house. Good luck.

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)

Yeah. It breaks my heart because they wanted me to get this bird so much. I care about this bird more than myself and I've been so stressed because I want things to be perfect for him... Thank you for the advice, I'm sure he is fine... I just like reassurance. Even if he doesn't get 10-12 hours like he needs at least he's getting some, right? Maybe things will change soon.

Why did *they* want you to get the bird?

How long is he sleeping? I always went to bed pretty late (12-3am often), and he just kept my hours, rather than natural hours. Honestly, he would often still wake up before I did, even if I covered his cage!

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I suggest rather have the bird in your room, in a smaller cage.
You mentioned.........since he's new to the house and scared of everything
I would say he would be better off in your bedroom, making him fell safe and secure.

Cremaster

Jul 21, 2012
Yes they will sleep through this. I had a job when I came in at 4 am. Sometimes bird woke up to look under cage cover and sometimes she did not. I have had several birds. They are like babies, if you tiptoe around they will become sensitive to noise, if you just act normal they will sleep through most things because they have learned that the environment you have created for them is safe.

Most Reactions